Vee and Dee

The breakfast next morning was bit strained, Daivik was still hobbling and walking around with the help of a stick. It was only after Veni had been sent to school, did the brothers really talk to each other.

Viren: I think you should rest today, don't come to office

Daivik: Yes, I will work out of home today...

Viren: I will try to come home early as well, Veni will want to visit Dyuti in the hospital

Daivik: hmm...I can take her there if needed, let me know, I will be home anyway

Viren: Yeah, I will call you ...maybe you can meet Rajan also for your leg

Daivik: That sounds like a plan bro

In the afternoon once Veni returns from school, Daivik offers to take her to the hospital to meet Dyuti.

Veni: Thanks, chachu, you will also be happy to meet her!

Daivik: My princess' friend is my friend as well! I will be happy to meet her

Veni: But I want to buy her a huge teddy bear

Daivik: Anything for my princess!

Veni and Daivik reach the hospital and they meet Dr Rajan and he takes them along to meet Dyuti. They had bought her a huge teddy bear on the way to the hospital and Veni is super excited to give the gift to her friend.

Dr Rajan tells them that Dyuti is much better and she has now been moved to a room and Veni runs into the room to meet her bestie. While Dyuti is on the bed with a drip attached to her, Shubhi is asleep on a chair next to her.

Veni: Hi Dee! How are you?

Dyuti: I am much better Vee!

Daivik rolls his eyes hearing the nicknames Dee and Vee. He sees Shubhi slowly waking up in the chair and feels a tug at the load she has been carrying on her shoulders. He feels something about the amount of responsibility Shubhi has a single parent. She is wearing a simple blue colored kurti and pants and looks quite tired. Dr Rajan is accompanying him to the room. Shubhi is surprised to see him in the hospital but does not say anything, rather she focuses on Veni and Dr Rajan.

Veni: Dee! see my Chachu (father's younger brother) has also come to meet you!

Dyuti: Hi chachu! You are the boring one, right?

(Shubhi and Dr Rajan muffle laughter and Daivik does not know what to do and where to look.)

Veni: Yes, but we got you the Teddy Bear!

Daivik hands over the toy to Dyuti and Shubhi is thinking of how to stop him.

Shubhi: This was not needed....

Daivik: Veni got it.... for Dyuti...

Dyuti: I like it, thanks Vee and chachu!

Dr Rajan: There is more happy news for you little one! Your results are good, and you can go home today

Shubhi: That is such a great news Dr! I will call mom and dad right away!

She goes on to hug Dr Rajan who smiles at her and then moves towards Dyuti and removes the drip connected to her hand. Daivik in the meantime is not happy to see Shubhi hugging Dr Rajan but does not say anything. While Daivik sits on the couch next to the window, Veni almost jumps onto Dyuti's bed and Dr Rajan stands next to the equipment checking the readings.

Dr Rajan: See even this is gone, no more pain for our little angel!

Dyuti: I want to be back with nani for dinner!