Honeymoon Tours and Travels

The next week was uneventful, and both Shubhi and Daivik continued with life as usual. They did not cross paths and the emotional turmoil was soon a thing of the past. This was more for Shubhi who had immersed herself in her sister's marriage, Daivik busied himself with his US business related matters as well as helping Viren wherever he could. Veni was a constant source of joy for both. Often Viren would joke that she was the best thing to come out of his disastrous marriage. Daivik had worked like crazy to establish the US arm of the business for the past five years and now realized how much he really missed his family.

The day of Shuchi's wedding was less than a week away, and everyone was excited. Shuchi still felt butterflies in her stomach, and while her parents were way too busy in the arrangements to notice, Shubhi helped her to calm down. Anita had arrived in the house with her son and was helping with the arrangements.She found the sisters in Shuchi's room talking seriously when she walked in with a plate of snacks.

Shubhi: "Don't worry, Shuchi. You look beautiful, and everything will be perfect."

Shuchi: "I hope so. I'm just so nervous."

Shubhi: "It's normal to feel that way. But remember, Amish loves you, and you love him. That's all that matters."

Shuchi: But dii....

Shubhi: Don't look at me. My marriage was a bad example. Mr Daivik Rawal was forced into the marriage, and he was not interested in me, Amish on the other hand loves you.

Shuchi: How do you know?

Anita: You just have to look at the way he looks at you! That he might eat you alive...

Shubhi: Ani he is a vegetarian!

Anita:  (winking) You do not need to be a non-vegetarian for that kind of eating...

Shuchi: Are you trying to make me feel better? What kind of elder sisters are you?

Anita: We are the right kind of elder sisters; we are preparing you for a hot and happening future!

<laughter>

Shuchi: This is not helping!!

Shubhi: Girl this is all you should think about, leave all the paraphernalia of marriage for oldies like us!

Anita: Oldies! Shubhi is talking only about herself!

<laughter>

Shuchi: Stop teasing me!

Anita: We are ready to put all the teasing in Amish's department....

Shubhi: I also feel that he will be nice to you....

Anita: Agreed, as someone who can tell toxic men a mile away, Amish is not one of those...

Shubhi: Am so happy that my little sister is lucky!

Shubhi hugged her little sister and when Shuchi broke the embrace she wanted to talk about her sister's marriage.

Shuchi: Ani di, what do you think about Daivik jiju?

Anita: Your ex-jiju is a weird fellow; I mean I have not met him much.... but from what Shubhi has told me he blows hot and cold. Whether he is good or bad, I will know when I meet him...

Shuchi: So, when Dyuti was ...I mean conceived...did jiju...I mean did he ever...?

Shubhi: No, he was a gentleman. Usually, he ignored my existence, but that doomsday fortnight was the only time he was nice to me. He saw me for who I was, cared for me in ways I never expected...but now I think it must have been an aberration...maybe he also thought we were going to die...