Dyuti's father?

Shubhi was not happy about it but she followed Daivik to the shade. The parking lot extended on both the sides. The tree was huge and theer was a small bench right underneath it. Daivik hovered around the bench indicating that Shubhi can sit there and as she had told him, he would not sit next to her. Shubhi kept her bag on the bench and stood next to the main trunk of the tree, looking towards the foyer entrance wanting to spot her car and driver as soon as he came around. Daivik came to stand in front of her, a foot away facing her.

Shubhi: Err....he would be here any moment

Daivik: Hmmm

Shubhi: You can go to your car...

Daivik: You want me to leave?

Shubhi: I am saying that you surely have better things to do...than be here....waiting

Daivik: Actually, no, (smiling and enjoying the way Shubhi's eyes nearly popped out)

Shubhi: What do you mean? You do have a business...?

Daivik: I have businesses....and many interests....like this hospital as well...

Shubhi: (thinking he is an arrogant idiot) So you are a busy person....

Daivik: I was getting bored in office....

Shubhi: And I am....your entertainment!

Daivik: No, that entertainment was Rajan, but he transferred the role to you (Daivik was smiling)

Shubhi could barely control her laughter, she was trying her best to look offended. She was surprised by Daivik's behavior, but if anything she had learnt from the past, it was not to trust it. Daivik on the other hand thought that this was the best time to get rid of his guilt.

Shubhi: You can return to him now...

Daivik: There was something I wanted to say to you...

Shubhi: (surprised and looking up at him) What?

Daivik: I do not think my mom's behavior with you on that night...(he paused for Shubhi's shocked face and then continued) I recently heard about it...I did not know that she turned you out....

Shubhi: (shock etched on her face) you did not know when I and Mahesh had visited?

Daivik: No I did not know about that....I was busy with the US business, and no one told me about the incident...till now

Shubhi: It was a very painful...(looking away trying to compose herself)

Daivik: You know that I do not talk much.....but when I heard all that, I knew that I have to apologize to you and Mahesh

Shubhi: Yes he was horribly insulted as well (not wanting to talk about herself)

Daivik: But I feel that you should not have claimed that the child was mine....

Shubhi: What? (surprised)

Daivik: Maybe that threw my mom off the rationale....you see she believes till now that....our marriage has not been consummated....

Shubhi: (too shocked to respond)

Daivik: She must have thought if we have not been together, how could the child be mine?

Shubhi: (barely containing her anger) I agree, lets keep it that way only-- we have never been together -- and I will leave now (turning  away from him)

Daivik: (holding her by elbow to face him again) We filed annulment, you see and that means legally the marriage was never consummated

Shubhi: Thanks for enlightening me, now stay away from me and my daughter