𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

꧁☙꧂

John b came up from the water out of breath coughing loudly. He was down there for a while. Longer then any of us expected. I push my wet hair behind my ears as we all glance down at John b.

John b was never the kind of guy to do things like this. He was always the one to get us out of it, more specifically to get me and JJ out of it, always me and JJ.

We were all leaned over the side of the boat sharing worried glances. "Oh, my god that took forever!" Kiara knitted her eyebrows together letting a shaky breath out.

I leaned more down and shoved my middle finger in his face. Which he gave me a wide smirk.

"Jb." I mutter under my breath letting a laugh out.

I turn my head to look at him.

"Fuck you dude, you scared the bleeding shit out of  me." I relax my body relieved he was okay.

Classic John b.

If that would've been anyone else, except them. I would've been sat back, and read a book.

JJ and pope scoff squinting there eyes. "Any dead body's?" Pope asks. "Dude, you got to stop with that." JJ declared pinching the bridge of his nose, shaking his head.

I bite my tongue holding my laughter in. "Seriously pope, it's weird." Kiara shakes her head. "Could we not all gang up on pope right this second?" John b's breathy voice let out with a scoff.

We did always find ourselves arguing anywhere, knowing we shouldn't. Like how they were just now.

Pope rolls his eyes at JJ shrugging. "Lotting potential?" I ask John b intrigued, turning my attention back towards him. He shakes his head pushing his wet hair back. "No, no." he takes a deep breath, holding up a rusty wet key. "I found this motel key." he breaths.

I roll my eyes biting my lower lip. A key. I laugh.

Pope glanced around shaking his head. "A key." he breathed. "Yes, a key, Pope." John b stated.

I shook my head, following popes movements.

JJ steps back shaking his head as he took his white cap off, running his fingers through his curly knotted hair. "Great he salvaged a motel key." he laughed.

"Guys, we should report the wreck to the coast guard. Maybe we'll get a finder's fee." Kiara suggested bringing her hand up to wipe water off her face.

That might not be a bad idea. I raise my head towards Kiara and nod. The rest of them agreed.

"Yeah, and not work all summer." JJ implied nodding his head as he pursed his lips.

I watched as Pope reached his hand down and helped John b on the boat. Splashing water on us. I roll my eyes as I grab JJ's shoulders turning him around to help me get the anchor up. He gave me a side smile before he nodded and reached down grabbing one side as I grabbed the other.

I slapped my hands together wiping the dirt off as we put the anchor down.

JJ leans backwards stretching, I leaned over wiping some dirt off his cheek with my thumb. He's face turns up into a small smile before I walked to the middle of the boat sitting down.

JJ always had the most contagious smile. One look and you don't even notice you're smiling too.

It would've been more gorgeous outside today if hurricane Agnatha didn't happen.

"Let's roll boys." I exclaimed snapping my fingers. Pope randomly smacked the back of JJ's hand as he glared at JJ who was messing around with the boat controls. "What?.." JJ hesitated his face genuinely confused.