𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐

꧁✾꧂

By the time we reached Redfield JJ and I were already up, but to be honest I was sleep bloody sleepy after everything that has happened today. And I'm sure if I removed my ring from my thumb I would have a red circular spot there from how much I've been twisting my ring. It doesn't hurt, it's numb there.

I twist my ring on my thumb again, as I jump out of the Twinkie, my sneakers hitting the ground with a soft thud. Kiara followed suit, opening the passenger seat door slowly and then sliding out of the seat, her legs carrying her until she's standing beside me as I turn, my front facing the black and white colored lighthouse.

The van doors close behind me, as John b strolls in front of us, his hands clasped together tightly as he glances at us all once JJ walks up from behind me, throwing his arms over my shoulder lightly.

We've been side by side sense we left John b's. And JJ's been shaky ever sense.

I turn my head back briefly, catching a glimpse of Pope as he stands behind me.

"Alright. Here's what's going to happen. You're going to post up and look out for a bogeys, okay?" John b says, his words aimed towards JJ as he pats his chest lightly before letting his arms drop to his sides.

My lips pull into a slightly humorous grin as I glance at JJ who's face rolls up as he glares at John b before glancing at me.

John b moves his hazel eyes to me, a soft smile playing at his lips, "And you are going to stay here with him." He continued with no explanation on why.

He gestures one of his hands to JJ.

My face drops, along with my grin. My eyes squint at John b, the sun shining bright on him.

I purse my lips, "Wait... why me?" I ask, confusion written clear all over my face as I glance around the group before looking back at John b, raising my hand to point my index finger at my chest.

JJ huffed, "Yeah, why us?" he asked, shaking his head as confusion was written on his face too.

Why can't I go? I didn't plan just sitting and watching for Bogeys the whole time.

Frustration ran down my veins and body as I groaned lowly, letting my arms drop by my sides, swaying boringly.

Pope throws his hands up barley, gaining all of our attention along with a scowl from JJ. "Because you're not coming." He directs his words to JJ and I.

I turn my head to the side as he walks over, standing beside me and Kiara with his lips pulled into a thin line. I roll my tongue over my teeth, confused on why even Pope is saying we can not go with them.

I gape at him, "Why?" I ask again, glancing between Kiara, Pope, and JJ. Still confused on why I can't go.

Pope huffs out a breath through his nose, glancing between JJ and I. "Because you too will ruin the whole plan. You both together up there is reckless." His words make my eyebrows scrunch together as I continue to gape at him.

That is not true.

We aren't that reckless.

Why does everyone keep saying that.

I cross my arms over my chest, my long dark curls blowing back slightly from the warm wind blowing on us.

"So no, you too will not—"

JJ's eyes flicker between Pope and I.

"Just shut up."

"P, it's not even me. It's always JJ, just let me go with and he can stay."