𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

JJ MAYBANK'S POV.

꧁✽☙꧂

Today was absolutely wild, my nerves are through the roof. My hands have been shaking ever sense we left Ms. Lana's.

I ball my hands up at my sides for a moment before relaxing them.

And the only thing that I was worried about at Ms. Lana's was Aria. It's all that I ever am worried about.

Her.

"And we were right outside like this." Aria exaggerates, walking up to the brick wall of John b's porch, trying to explain to our friends what happened whilst we were at Ms. Lana's.

My lips curl up into a smile at my best friends antics.

Only Mae mae could make a story from what had just happened and make it as amusing as she is.

My eyes turn for a moment to watch as Pope and my other friends eyes follow her.

She leans her head over her body slightly, her dark curly hair falling onto the sides of her face. "And all we hear is just, bam! Bam! Bam!" She said, punching the air every time 'Bam.' left her pretty mouth.

My eyes follow her briefly from the corner of my eye, whilst I nodded along, "Knocking paint off the wall, G! From the inside." I carried on for her, as I walked up, standing beside her against the red brick wall.

Mae mae nods, sharing glancing with our other friends who had a look of frightened and confused clear on there faces.

Today was fucking crazy, honestly. If I didn't know Mae mae was alright I would've lost my fucking mind.

I take a long breath, "All right? And I'm just looking at Mae mae, like— Wait, first off, look at this shit." I breezed past Aria, bending over slightly in front of Kiara and Pope who were sitting across from each other.

I start running my fingers through my hair, knocking the white paint off and into the floor in front of them, whilst they made a disgusted face at me.

Pope pushes my shoulder lightly, "The hell." He says, scrunching his face up in disgust.

And I just know Aria is holding in her laugh right now, and it makes me want to fucking smile so widely that I make her laugh.

"That's dandruff, disgusting." Kiara commented, her eyes following the white paint that falls from my hair as she tried to move back on the chair.

Does she have to do that?

I lean back up slightly, looking back at Aria as she shook her head lightly, "It's not, Kie." She told Kiara, irritation laced her tone.

I bite my cheek harshly to suppress my smile.

It truly wasn't, and I knew she had paint in her hair too.

My eyes fall back to my friends briefly.

Kiara turns her eyes to Aria for a moment, giving her a light shrug.

"Okay, thank you." Pope's voice was laced with sarcasm, as he smiled sarcastically at me.

I lean back up fully, motioning my hands down at the floor where the paint fell from my hair, "Look at all that. All right?" I pause, taking deep breaths. "That's paint." I tell them, nodding toward Mae mae slightly.