𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔

꧁❦꧂

I seen Rafe.

He's always fucking everywhere.

It pisses me off, he's there, he's always fucking there.

The nerve he had even mentioning JJ's name in his disgusting mouth.

God.

After we got done at the motel, we went to the bar, to get drinks, I mean who's not going to drink when you find a wad of cash and a gun.

A gun.

I've always loved guns, the noise they made when you pull the trigger, the shape, form, everything about it. It always amazed me, and JJ being JJ he's loves them too.

I'm pretty sure me and JJ have never not once not liked the same thing.

But we ended up not drinking, my whole mood was messed up because I seen him, him.

Cameron.

Right now i'm lounging at Jb's, my feet propped up on JJ's lap as I flick my lighter open and closed.

Open. Closed.

Rafe.

Open. Closed.

Cameron.

I look over at Kie who's sitting on Jb's red chair. Then at Jb who's standing beside his screen door, flipping a empty beer bottle in his hand.

"Okay. So, um... we didn't see anything." Pope says painting, as he rushes in through the screen door, pointing his index finger at each of us.

He's talking about the boat, we figured out it's Scooter Grubbs, how he got a boat like that, I don't think we will never know.

We also figured out Scooters dead, his body was found on the marsh.

This was absolutely bonkers.

I shake my head, getting the thought out of my head as I flick the lighter close and tilt my head to the side to look at Pope.

"We don't know anything." he demands, pointing his finger at Jb as I raise my head up so he can sit down.

He gives me a soft smile before sitting down.

"We need to have total and complete amnesia." Pope continued with a shake of his head as I lay my head in his lap.

JJ shifts under my legs, glancing at all of us, "Actually, Pope's right... for once." JJ says slowly, as if he didn't want to admit that.

JJ points his finger at Pope, nodding his head.

"See he agrees with you sometimes, P." I say with a scrunch of my nose as I look up at Pope's face.

Pope raises his eyebrow and gives me a light tap on the shoulder, shaking his head.

I look at JJ and we both nod. Talking with our eyes. His blue eyes piercing into my brown ones.

"Deny, deny, deny." I and JJ say in unison, pointing out index finger at each of our friends.

JJ slides his hand up and down my leg, comfortably, soft. As he gives me a side glance before looking over at Jb.

I bite back my smile, as I fiddle with the ring on my thumb.

Kiara props her arm on the arm of the chair and puts her chin in her hand, she lets out a worry sigh.

"Guys, we can't keep that money."

JJ's hand stops moving on my leg as he glances at Kiara, his face scrunches up. "Okay. Not all of us can afford unlimited data plans, Kiara." He pressed his lips into a thin line.