𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑

꧁🝮꧂

God. My heart fucking hurts. But, everything will be fine. Right? Rafe and I will go back to hating each other. Everything will be okay. I just have to keep telling myself that, keep reminding myself that. But the way his face broke made my heart break more than it already was.

All I have to do is hold it in. Mask my face. And not show what I'm feeling. God.

And, my Mum texted me whilst I was basically running from Rafe. She reminded me about midsummer's. And how I have to get dressed with the Cameron's. And my heart dropped to the floor. I needed to avoid Rafe. I needed too. And I'm hoping that he doesn't show, that he doesn't come along with us. Because I cant see his face, I cant.

And I dread, no, more than dread. Seeing Sarah. And not just because of the reason with her, Kiara, and me. No, that wasn't the whole reason why I despise her. She use to date my brother, before she dated Topper. And he was bloody in love with her, but then soon later she randomly broke it off with him. And my brother was in his room, sobbing. Because a few days after that, there she was. With Topper.

And my brother is a sweetheart once you actually get to know him. He has a big heart, though when it comes to someone messing with me it's like his sweetheart part is gone and replaced with an extremely overprotective, vicious, doberman.

Really, he's as protective of me as I am of him. And that is something that is scary, because when it comes to my brother I don't think twice.

This morning was quiet at Heywards, for us at least. JJ, Kiara, Pope, and I. I got here after I secretly got dressed at John b's. With the extra clothes I had in my black backpack I kept there from last night. I had on black blue jean shorts, with a plain grey cropped top. I had on my bracelets and necklaces also.

God, I really need to stock more clothes in my backpack. Badly. "Don't let it get in your head, man. Them jumping us was some typical Kook shit right there." JJ told Pope. Who was standing on the opposite side of JJ and I with Kiara.

JJ and I were sat on top of Heyward's counter in the front of the shop. We had just helped him restock some cans onto the shelves. I've always loved helping Heyward, and Pope. Heyward was like a second Da to me, father figure like.

My heart warms at the thought.

"Yeah," Kiara sighed.

I let out a small chuckle, remembering Pope's antics last night. "What was your thought process, using your head?" I jokingly asked. Whilst JJ's sunshine laughter enters my ear. He bumps his knee with mine. And a smile curls on the corner of my lips.

I watch as he raises his hand, bringing it over to me. He places his hand on my knee, his thumb rubbing gentle circles over my pants. And it soothed me.

My eyes wander onto Pope as he sighs, whilst shaking his head. "I don't know, Mae. I feel like I kind of just acted on instant. I was a cornered animal." Pope explained. Whilst he gave me a tipped smile.

I shook my head at him, while my smile widened. "Yeah?" I mock. Whilst he narrowed his eyes on me and started to nod his head at me, mocking my words with a humorous smile on his lips. And I couldn't stop myself from smiling widely, my dimples had to be showing.

He leans his back against some brown boxes, his stare on me almost funny enough to make me laugh. But I flicker my eyes to Kiara, who's eyes were flickering between Pope and I with a soft smile.

I wiggle my eyebrows playfully at her, "Kie. You'll come with me, yeah?" I ask. And her smile widens. Whilst she immediately nods. And it was as if something flickered in her eyes, protectiveness.