Chapter 10: Dangerous Beauty

Previous Chapter:

He stands. He is tall. So, so tall. Looks like he's 6'0 at least.

Disappointment fills me as I think that he's about to leave when he suddenly holds out his hand.

"Would this beautiful lady care to take a walk with this not-so-pretty man?" He smirks.

I'm dead. Or maybe I'm dying because he looks so hot when he smirks. I think this is what they call "love at first sight".

I smile and take his hand. Just a small walk won't do any harm.

Well, that's what I was thinking until I realised that he took me into a back alley with no other person in sight.

Chapter 10:

His back is too straight as he takes me to the shadows of the alley. His grip is too strong on my wrist. His pace is too fast. 

Something is not right at all. Am I being kidnapped by some really hot gentleman right now? Hm, or maybe not a gentleman since he's kidnapping me.

Even still, I'm not scared. In fact, I'd like to see what this dazzling man full of muscle is going to do to me. He has height and strength so tackling him will be hard but not impossible even if he has a weapon. 

He stops abruptly and pulls my wrist so suddenly and with so much strength that I'm sure I'm flying, before I hit my back to the wall. Pain shoots through my spine but I recover quick enough to find him already pinning my arms and his body so so close. 

I glare at him.

He smirks.

We stare at each other for the longest time before his hand drops from mine and touches the black bird on my waist.

"You're an agent."

It's not a question but it feels like it is at the same time. I don't answer. I don't move. His fingers trace the outline of the bird without ever leaving his eyes off me and I don't understand why my heart is beating so out of rhythm. 

Alright, that's enough of this charade.

I use my free hand to push him away and he stumbles back only a couple steps. But it's enough for me to grab my blade from my shorts and before he can process anything, I've jumped on him, knocking him flat on the ground with my blade, Lilith, kissing his throat. Lilith is small, only the size of my palm but she's so sharp. Just a touch can draw blood and I can already see the crimson liquid of this beautiful man flowing down her curves. 

The man chuckles and I feel his stomach rumble with the laughter under me. What a psychopath. 

But the real question is; how the fuck does this guy know I'm an agent?

With the way he just attacked me, I truely doubt he's a member of my team. So who is he, some kind of enemy? Maybe, he's involved with Keith and knows that there are agents looking for it.

"Who are you?" I say.

He laughs again. Anger bubbles inside me and I press Lilith even harder.

"Talk before I slit your throat right now," I say through gritted teeth.

He stops laughing but the smile remains.

And before I know what's going on, I'm on my back, Lilith sliding far away from my reach and the man standing about a meter away. I don't know what happened but I think I hit my head on something because everything is fuzzy and I struggle to get away from this man. I'm horizontal but I feel like I'm still tipping. Shit. I'm screwed.

I think he's walking towards me and I can only pray that he doesn't have a weapon. His hands reach the hem of his shirt and my vision slowly returns to me as I drag myself away with one hand, the other still holding my head.

In one swift motion, he pulls his shirt over his head without missing a step. He's about 2 steps away from me right now but even with my blurry vision, I don't miss the little black blob on the right side of his chest. A blob that slowly transforms into wings and a small head. 

What the actual fuck?

Why did my own team member attack me? The hell is going on?

Confusion fills my features and questions whip through my head. He watches with amusment as he crosses his arms and leans on the wall. 

"Thyme." He says as I stand up and stumble over to Lilith.

"What?" I'm bent halfway to pick up my blade but his sudden decision to talk has left me frozen in place.

"My name is Thyme." Code name, you mean. Hell, at this point I wouldn't even be surprised if he lied about his code name either.

"Okay." I say.

I tuck Lilith back into my shorts and am walking away with his eyes still trailing me before he speaks again.

"You going somewhere?" 

I turn my head toward him, shocked from the mere stupidity of the question. What do you mean you going somewhere, yes I'm going somewhere, I'm going home, away from a certain good-looking psychopath since I can't kill him because, God save me, he's a fucking member of my team.

"Yeah, I'm going to hell. Wanna come? I'm pretty sure I'll have all the rights to torture you to death there." I roll my eyes and keep walking, ignoring the low chuckle that sends shivers down my spine. Maniac. 

He refuses to walk away from me. It's 9:00 and he decided to walk right up against me, each footstep in time with mine. Ugh, can this idiot just go die in a hole already?! His shoulder constantly brushes against mine and each time it does, my anger fuels higher than ever.

I pull him into another dark alley, pull out my gun from my shorts and point it at his mouth, my other arm pressed hard against his throat. Despite my weaponary advantage, I still need to tilt my head up to make eye contact with this tall-ass joke of a human.

"If you touch me one more time, I'm going to keep filling your mouth with bullets until you feel them coming out the other end, got it?" I seethe. 

He lifts his hands in surrender but takes a step closer to me and disgust fills me face as I flinch just a bit.

"For a sexy woman, you sure have a temper. You should smile more," he smirks. "I'm sure it'd be as drop-dead gorgeous as the rest of you and I'd love to see it." 

He's so close. Too close. His lips are far too close. Heat rises to my face without my permission and his smile widens. Fuck. I push away and stomp my way back to the hotel. 

I can't believe I just gave him what he wanted. I can't believe I blushed just because a maniac said some worthless shit. What am I, a lovesick teenager?

I've said this before and I'll say it again; this man is dangerous.