Chapter 12: A Trip for Two

WARNING: The following chapter contains offensive language. Read at your own risk.

Chapter 12:

"Anyway, focusing on the important stuff, does anyone have any information at all?" Mateo says as the others calm down from their laughter. 

"We literally don't have any resources to find any information at all. I doubt anyone here has anything." Riley says, sipping at a glass of water. 

"Not true. We have all the resources we need." Mateo crosses his arms and we don't need him to elaborate to know that he's talking about our weapons and devices. 

"I don't know much but I do know that our next destination is Venice," says Himari.

"How do you know that?" Minjun speaks up and I realise this is the first time I've heard him talk.

"I actually looked through some stuff last night and found out that a guy named Antonio Rossi is a man in high power." Himari says. "He is often involved in politics and is close with ministers and the president, but also close with some civilians. I thought if he's the bridge between power and a normal life, we may be able to slip some information from him. 

"But getting an appointment will be hard," Himari continues, "beacause he's so busy."

"Good. Very good. It's a start and we can proceed from there." Mateo claps his hands together and not for the first time, I realise he's a lot more of a leader than he looks. 

"In that case, I think we'll need to split up the team, beacuse I found a reporter. I believe he has some information that will help us figure out who else is involved." I say, "I still have to get the details so I'll text them to you when I've got it." 

"This is a great start. We should start off with this and move on from there." Mateo's excitement is evident in his voice. "We'll send 2 people to the reporter and 4 people to Antonio. I feel like we'll need the extra people for a person in power."

"Perfect." Himari says.

"Okay" I say.

Riley and Minjun nod.

"Is that alright with you, Thyme?" Mateo asks with an edge of caution. Thyme hasn't said a word nor shown any signs of participation and attention in this discussion at all. He's just been staring off into space, a distant look in his eyes. 

"Hm? Oh yes, the plan is solid. But one question; who is going with who?" He says, startled from his daydream.

"I will be with the Antonio group, in case we require some hacking." Mateo says.

Himari nods and says, "Yes then I'll go with you to do the talking."

"I think me and Minjun should come along with you guys, in case you need extra devices since our agency gave us some really useful shit. It should help a lot if you're gonna hack or if we need to escape in a hurry." Riley adds. 

They're all nodding but all I feel is dread because I happen to be stuck with a certain asshole I'd rather strangle than go on a trip with. 

...

Leonardo Bianchi, the reporter. At 13 Giacomo Matteotti, Bari, 4 hours and 45 minutes from Rome by car. Accepted an appointment at 7:00pm, departure time is 2 p.m. 

I send the information to the other agents.

It's 1p.m right now. I should get Thyme and book a car for the day.

I knock on Mateo's door and catch a glimpse of Riley, Minjun and Himari sitting in his room, each with a laptop on their laps, furiously typing away. They're so invested in their work that they don't notice me at the door. 

"Hey Rose, what's up?" Mateo leans on the doorframe and I tilt my head back to make eye contact. 

"Hi... um, do you, perhaps, know where Thyme's room is?" I ask, embarrassed for being the one who found him but not knowing his room number.

"Yeah, it's 3 doors down from here." Mateo smiles, amusement glinting in his eyes as he holds back a smile. For some reason, I feel like everyone seems to have inside jokes of me since this isn't the first time they've tried to hold back from smiling when I literally do nothing.

I mumble a thanks and leave for the third door; number 25. 

I knock twice.

The door opens with a gentle click and the last thing I expected was to find him in nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist. His six pack glistens with tiny water particles and so does his hair and eyelashes. Absolutely, drop-dead gorgeous. 

He leans on the doorframe and crosses his arms, watching me with a smirk as my face quickly turns pink and I avert my eyes, begging myself not to stare. 

"Um, you should get ready. The car will arrive in half an hour and um..." my traitorous eyes fall on his abs and he chuckles. Now I'm certain my face is completely beet red. I clear my throat and continue, "have you had lunch yet?"

He stares at me for the longest time and I'm just about to turn and leave when he says, "No, I haven't had lunch yet. We can have it together before we leave... if you like." 

"Yeah, okay," I don't know where to look. But then I don't know what possesses me but I have this surge of anger towards myself. Why am I acting like a princess for an asshole?

I tilt my head back and stare hard into his deep, deep ocean blue eyes that glint even more, utterly amused by something I've done.

I step closer, our bodies almost, almost touching. I can practically feel his silky skin, cool from the shower, his firm abs. My lips are so, so dangerously close to his, only a milimetre or so separating us. My lips curve into a smile and I purposely let my eyes drift to his lips. 

"How about," I whisper, "you put some pants on, yeah? Wouldn't want to be caught for public nudity, would you?" I bring my eyes back to his and I'm startled. There's so much hunger in them, hunger that I've seen in the eyes of my men before I laid with them. The hunger that wants to tear all clothes apart and make me his right here and now. The hunger that makes me cheeks flush completely red and avert my eyes.

My expression changes to ice cold and I leave without saying another word. 

What the fuck was that? How can he look at me like that? I'm not his fucking girlfriend nor am I his whore because I would never, ever, sleep with such an obnoxious, self-centred, pussy-licking bastard.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone!

Thanks so, so much for staying with me for so long! Keira's journey has only just started and it's a long one ahead but I really need to ask you guys;

Do you all like this story?

Is it worth continuing? 

I started writing this story only for fun and didn't expect to get many views but after it reached 100 (which I know isn't a lot but it's a huge accomplishment for me), I'm not writing only for fun but for you, my readers. I'm entering a very important time in my life right now and, I'll be honest, it requires my full attention but I'm willing to give this story much of my precious time if you all like it.

Thank you all so much for staying with me and enduring Keira's painfully slow progression. You all mean a lot to me than I could ever write in words.

- enju