Chapter four

Ryujin drank all that was left in her cup, rattling her fingernails on the table, as the others spoke.

"Miss Shin, I had told you that my wife-"

One of them started, but Ryujin didn't even pay attention to him and got up from her seat without saying a word.

It was obvious that the men were doing whatever they could to draw the woman's attention to their wives, but she already had a woman on her mind.

She walked in the direction where Yeonjun and his wife had gone and it was not at all surprising that the man was making out with her, but for no apparent reason, she clenched her jaw when she saw him touching Yeji like that in a public place.

It was vulgar, even for a woman like her who was used to fucking women in her office, but at least not to the gaze of other people, who might want to go into the restroom aswel.

"Am I interrupting?"

They both heard a voice, that husky voice she had heard a few times a few minutes ago at the table and then Yeji saw her husband boss' with one of her hands tucked in the pocket of her pants and the other holding a cigarette.

Yeonjun quickly turned away from Yeji and gave his boss an awkward smile.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Miss Shin." He bowed toward her. "We're on the way, aren't we? Excuse me." He stepped aside as they were at the men's restroom door.

Yeji frowned and mentally wondered if that woman intended to enter the men's restroom and not the women's, but she didn't say anything at all and just looked away from Ryujin, who was staring at her all the time.

"No problem." The woman walked to the door and Yeji stepped aside aswell with Yeonjun, then Ryujin chuckled, as she walked past her, but then stopped and turned her face to look at Yeonjun this time. "Actually Choi, I'd like to talk to you in private. If that would be possible, of course."

Yeonjun then realized that his wife had been the chosen one, although it wouldn't have taken him long to guess, since Ryujin kept staring at her all night.

"Sure, of course it would. Miss Shin." He nodded quickly and Yeji hold his hand and squeezed it a little, but he just ignored that, as he smiled at Ryujin.

"Head to my office here, after you make sure to take your wife to the table and don't worry, there are people taking care of us."

Yeonjun nodded and they both walked back to the table, where there were now only two men and their wives. Yeji awkwardly sat down in her place and her husband gave her a kiss on her temple.

"Don't be long, Yeon. I want to leave already." She whispered to him and he gave her another kiss, this time on her lips.

"Don't worry, honey, I'll be right back."

He winked at her and Yeji watched him disappear into a dark hallway and almost after that, a full half hour passed in which she just sipped a bit of the drink and looked down at her hands resting on her thighs.

"What's your name?" One of the women there asked her suddenly.

"Hwang Yeji." She said smiling and then the woman looked at her for a few second, before drank from her glass of whiskey.

"Oh what a cute name for the new chosen one. Isn't it, guys?"

The woman seemed to be a little too drunk, but Yeji could not understand what she meant and looked at everyone, without knowing what the woman was talking about.

What did she mean? Chosen One? Her?

"W-What?"

She asked looking at the others and then watched as one of the men at the table who was the woman's husband, grabbed her by the arm and helped her to get up of the chair.