Chapter twelve

Ryujin smiled when she saw Yeji's smile and how her little eyes were beginning to fill with tears, but the redhaired woman, although happy, was not very comfortable with Ryujin spending so much money on her and her family.

"Ryujin, I-"

But Yeji couldn't even finish when her mother threw herself at the short-haired woman to give her a hug, which took everyone by surprise, even Niki.

"Miss Shin, oh my god, you doesn't know how much I appreciate it! This woman is an angel!" The middle-aged woman said between sobs, while Ryujin smiled, looking at Yeji, while Yeji's cheeks were burning.

"Mom, please."

Yeji took her mother's shoulders and separated her from Ryujin, although the short-haired woman was not at all uncomfortable with the embrace of the woman who was going to be her mother-in-law soon.

"I-I'm sorry, I was really excited and-"

Ryujin took the woman's hand and gave her a smile.

"Don't worry Mrs. Hwang, I'm just here to help." Saying this, the woman smiled widely and Ryujin looked at Yeji, who was also smiling.

"Niki, do you want to come into the house with mom for a moment? I need to talk to Ryujin." Yeji said to her brother, who looked at her, looked at Ryujin, and then looked back at her.

"Of course, in fact, I want to make fun of those idiots in their faces because now, they have to organize everything again." Niki said smiling and Yeji rolled her eyes at him. "Come on, mom."

"But you both are going to come in to eat something, right? I'm going to prepare something for you to eat, I guess you haven't had breakfast." The woman asked, looking at both of them.

"Yes, mom, don't worry. Now let's go." Yeji told her with a smile and the woman nodded, then walked with Niki to her house, feeling happy that the men were returning her things again.

Yeji saw her mother and her brother disappear into the house and immediately felt two hands on her waist, pulling her suddenly, making her gasp.

"Ryujin." Yeji whispered and looked around, at least the people around them were very busy doing their work, but she was a little nervous about what her mother might think. "We can't do this in public yet."

Ryujin smiled and shrugged, showing that she didn't care a bit that people saw her holding her almost-wife.

"Why? Can't I show everyone that you're mine already, huh?" Ryujin whispered close to her lips and Yeji smiled at this. But she knew they still had to be careful.

"First I have to talk to my family about this and I have to get a divorce, Ryujin." Yeji told her and Ryujin rolled her eyes, nodding, to move away from Yeji a little.

"Okay, okay." But before walking away she gave her a quick peck on her lips, which made Yeji blush again. "What did you want to talk to me about?"

"Ryujin. I... I'm sorry, I don't feel very comfortable with you doing all this for me. I've always been a woman who has worked for her things and... Well, you and I only recently met and-"

"Shhhh..." Ryujin again grabbed her waist, not caring about what Yeji had told her before and approached her. "Don't worry, but you know I have a lot of money, do you think I care spending it on my future wife?"

Yeji smiled at this, feeling butterflies in her stomach and a lot of strange new sensations in her body. Something that happened to her for the first time.

So, is this what it really feels like to be in love?

Ryujin on the other hand, seemed to be experiencing the same thing, but it was totally new things for her, since she had never been in a relationship before.