Chapter ten

Those words echoed in Yeji's mind. Shin Ryujin's voice, making a deal with her husband, a deal that had nothing to do with his job.

"W-What is that?" Yeji said dazedly, looking into Ryujin's eyes, as she shook her head, not believing anything she was hearing.

Even though Ryujin had thought all this time that Yeji knew about the deal, she couldn't see any malice or greed in her feline eyes all the days they had been dating, which showed her with Yeji's reaction that Choi Yeonjun had been a complete idiot selling to his wife without her knowing about it.

"That's your husband-"

"No." Yeji said quickly, feeling her eyes begin to water. "That can't be Yeonjun, no-"

"Isn't that your husband's voice, Yeji?"

Ryujin interrupted her and Yeji was almost frozen at what she heard, even though, she knew that it was her husband's voice, she still couldn't believe what was happening.

Things made a little more sense, despite the feelings she was starting to feel, Yeji believed that Shin Ryujin was a bad woman, who used her power to step on the people, but Yeonjun had agreed to sell a night with her just for money, not because he was going to lose his job.

Which indicated to her that her husband was perhaps worse than Ryujin.

Yeji didn't say anything, a lot of things were happening in her mind, so Ryujin took a deep breath and decided to speak again.

"I know you know it's him, but if you want, I can show you the signed contract, I always keep copies here in my office."

Yeji gulped, not knowing if she wanted to rectify the obvious or remain in doubt, but her instinct was to want to know more about that contract.

"L-Let me see it."

Yeji said and Ryujin nodded, a smirk appeared on her face, as she walked behind her desk, opened one of the drawers and took the folder, where the contract was.

Ryujin approached Yeji again, just two steps away from the tips of their shoes touching, and without saying a word, she handed the documents to Yeji in her hand, who shakily took it and slowly opened it to see the content.

Her heart stopped beating for a full second, when she saw her husband's signature and the exaggerated amount of money that was stipulated on the paper.

Yeji closed her eyes not wanting to read more and a tear came out of one of her eyes, running down her cheek.

But Ryujin was staring at her, so, without thinking, she raised her hand to the ginger-haired woman's face and wiped away the tear, perhaps risking a strong rejection, but Yeji didn't do anything, she didn't even move away, she just raised her head and their gazes met again.

Never before had Ryujin's heart raced so fast when she was close to a woman, just by seeing her eyes, just by feeling the aroma of her skin up close.

She was dying to make Yeji hers and not just in her bed.

Yeji on the other hand, while she felt pain from the deception of the person she believed, loved her, during all this time. Also at the same time, she felt overwhelmed with Ryujin's dark gaze and with all the sensations that this caused to her body.

There was no better way for two people to talk than looking into each other's eyes and in those few seconds, many things were said without opening their mouths.

But soon Ryujin decided to break the silence, saying something that definitely made Yeji tremble.

"You have the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen. And if you were my wife, I would never make you cry."