Chapter 06 - A Day Out

After the intense tryouts, the students headed home. Some felt a tinge of jealousy towards those who made it to the first string.

Meanwhile, Hanazono was on the phone to his closest friend other than Hikigaya.

"Yo, Daiki." the blond simply greeted as he heard an excited voice on the other side.

"Yo! Haru!! How've you been!? It's been so long!!" Exclaimed the voice of Aomine Daiki.

"Argh. Calm yourself!" Reprimanded the blond.

"Sorry, sorry. Hey. I heard you now go to Meikō Junior High, guess we're rivals. I go to Teikō Junior High." Stated boy happily.

"Oh hey! I along with 3 other players were put straight into the first string of our basketball club!" Aomine stated.

"We should start practicing as soon as possible." The boy stated happily.

"Really?! The same thing happened with me! I along with 4 others was placed immediately into the first string! That's quite a coincidence." Hanazono stated as Aomine smirked.

"That's great! Maybe we'll face off against each other. Who's the best in your team?" Asked Aomine.

"Uhh. In what sense?" Asked the blond. "Uh. I'd say. Singles." Aomine stated.

"Me." Stated Hanazono. "And what about in an actual 5v5 game?" Asked Aomine.

"Hikigaya Ryouta. He's a point guard, it's his job to dominate in a 5v5 game. But his singles ability isn't bad. It's just that I have been playing singles since before I met you. And now the same question goes to you." Stated Hanazono.

"Hikigaya Ryouta huh? Uhm. I'm the best at singles and Akashi's the best in terms of an actual basketball game." Stated Aomine.

"Haru-tan. You said you'd give me a snack." A lazy voice belonging to a lazy giant voiced out as Isame suddenly arrived, standing next to Momoharu.

"Huh? Who's that Haru?" asked Aomine.

"Oh wait. Is that Isame-kun?"

The three conversed before heading to their respective homes.

Momoharu and Isame lived only a few blocks away from each other and their houses were just a combined ten minute walk from the elegant luxurious school they went to.

They weren't wealthy like Hikki's family or Asuka's family but they were fortunate enough to have parents who worked and were able to provide for them.

The next day was a saturday, which was an off day. Currently, Isame and Momoharu were walking to the  streetball court before a beautiful luxurious black limousine with black tinted windows which they couldn't see inside.

As they looked at the car, the driver's door opened to reveal a butler. He walked to the door at the back and opened it. Then, out came Hikigaya Ryouta.

"Hikki? What are you doing here," the second tallest of the trio inquired, confused about why Hikki was there.

"Isame, Momoharu. Come with me." Stated Hikki as both complied, knowing better than to defy the shorter boy.

They got into the vehicle as Hikki's butler began driving. "Hikki-tan. Are there any snacks? I'm hungry." Spoke Isame as Momoharu looked at the giant in shock.

"Isame! You just ate!" Exclaimed the boy, his shock clear in his tone.

"But I'm hungry again." Whined the boy while Hikki just looked on in amusement while opening a large compartment filled to the brim with snacks.

Isame's eyes gleamed with joy as he immediately immersed himself in the snacks.

After the joyous car ride, in which three other people joined the ride, the six of them entered the massive manor belonging to the Hikigaya family.

"Wow! Hikki, is this your house!?" Ogiwara exclaimed in excitement as Hikki smirked with a nod. Isame, knowing the basic lay out of the house streamlined his way to the kitchen's storage unit where all the snacks was stored.

After a few seconds, he came out, his large arms filled with multiple snacks.

"Okay. I decided to bring you guys here first as a way to introduce the two newcomers to our friendship group forst of all and also host a basketball singles tournament as a way to gauge our skills. Asuka will be recording our skills and what we need to work on.

There will be no referee, but normal rules apply. And the winner will be decided by whoever reaches past 20 points first. Winner stays on." Hikki explained everything as everyone got ready to play.

Asuka sat on the bench with a notebook and a pen in her hand.

Everyone changed into appropriate basketball gear as the first match, which was a match between Ogiwara and Mibuchi.

Mibuchi took offense and Ogiwara took defense.

This was a match which Hikki himself was prepared for. He hadn't known anything much about Ogiwara and Mibuchi other than they were on par or close enough with himself, Momoharu and Isame, considering they had also been put into first string along with the three aforementioned players.

The match had been a close one. With Mibuchi taking the lead at first because of his ability to shoot three pointers as well as mid range.

But things were made difficult for the boy with Ogiwara's instinctive style of basketball.

Hikki believed Ogiwara had animal instincts, as had Momoharu.

And because of his animal instincts, his defense and offense were incredibly difficult to match or beat, therefore because of this, Mibuchi had lost the first match 22-17.

The second match was a battle between Momoharu and Ogiwara.

Ogiwara, although possessing the same animal instincts as Momoharu, was not as good as Momoharu who was easily on par with Aomine Daiki.

Momoharu's streetball style of play was hard to conquer, and was incredibly difficult for Ogiwara to defeat, there Ogiwara had lost that, 22-10

The next match between Momoharu and Isame was a very close one.

The match was incredibly difficult for both players. Momoharu's offensive capabilities was suppressed by Isame's unmatched defensive ability. But at the same time, Momoharu's defense was equally as good as his offense.

Therefore the game was close, which Momoharu won by a close margin. The final score being 22-20

The final match was between Momoharu and Hikigaya, which Momoharu had defeated Hikki with much difficulty. The final score being 23-21. They then branched off while playing singles against different opponents before finally at the end of the day...

The six new friends all hanged around at the convenience store talking and laughing after a fun day of playing basketball together.

"I can't believe that you're this good Momoharu-kun! You're the best player I've seen!" Ogiwara exclaimed with an excited tone as Hikki watched on in amusement.

In Ogiwara's eyes, Momoharu was the best player he's seen.

"I have a friend who's also my rival in Teikō! I know you guys would love him. He's quite eccentric." Momoharu stated, completely ignoring Ogiwara's praise, causing the brown haired boy to deflate and look down at the ground.

And the chatter continued. Each of them loving every second they spent together.

This was the beginning of a long journey of success...

———

TBC