Chapter 37 - Streetball (Filler!)

On the court were five people.

Hanazono Momoharu, Hikigaya Ryouta, Ogiwara Shigehiro, Masahiko Isame and Mibuchi Reo all stood on the court empty court as Ogiwara bounced his ball.

"Hey, let's play three on two!" He exclaimed.

"Sure! Me and Hikki against the rest of you!" Momoharu exclaimed while wrapping an arm around the white haired boy shamelessly.

"Okay! You guys will lose easily against us!" Ogiwara exclaimed as he stood in line with Mibuchi and Masahiko.

"I highly doubt you'd be able to stop both myself and Momoharu-kun. Even if it's a three on two. Your defeat is inevitable and inescapable." Spoke Hikki as he looked at his teammates with his eyes seemingly changing patterns.

"Woah! You don't even need to close your eyes to activate your King's Eyes!" Momoharu exclaimed with a smirk as Hikki nodded at his friend's exclamation.

"We'll start on D!" Momoharu stated as he slipped into his defensive stance against Ogiwara. Ogiwara dribbled the ball while searching for any openings in Momoharu's defense.

He clicked his teeth slightly, findind no openings in the unwavering defense of his teammate before swiftly passing to Mibuchi who quickly jumped for a shot outside the line, which equated to a two point shot as outside the line was only 2.

Momoharu reacted swiftly however, anticipating the pass.

As if relying purely on instincts, he chased the ball and jumped to contest the shot.

However, to his misfortune, Mibuchi swiftly released the ball, easily sinking the shot effortlessly.

"Nice Mibuchi!"

"-yawn-"

Momoharu clicked his teeth in annoyance, before a smirk played at his lips again as he immediately pressured Ogiwara once again.

Said brown haired boy was about to run the same play. He released the ball in the direction of Mibuchi, however, another hand caught the ball.

"Don't do the same play twice, especially with me on the court." Hikki spoke as he dribbled the ball down to court, reaching just outside the three point line.

Behind him he could see clearly Momoharu open, so he swiftly performed a flashy behind the back bounce pass towards the blond haired boy before getting in a favourable position to score.

Momoharu caught the ball with a smile, "Nice pass!" He exclaimed while running, reaching just outside the free throw line before jumping for a pull up jumper.

Masahiko reacted as he and Mibuchi both jumped for a block, but, Momoharu quickly changed options with a smirk, his reaction speed far surpassing the taller boy as he passed towards Hikki, who was left open by Ogiwara, who was behind Momoharu for a triple team.

"Don't leave Hikigaya open like that, Ogiwara!" Mibuchi exclaimed.

"Sorry Mibuchi!" Apologised the aforementioned person as Hikki jumped for an uncontested jumper, raising the score to 2:2 by sinking the wide open looker.

Hikki then stood in the line as he received the ball from Ogiwara for check.

He then performed a quick pump fake before dribbling the ball. He started driving right, as instinctively, Ogiwara followed, however, Hikki performed a swift pull back dribble, momentarily disrupting Ogiwara's balance.

As the brown haired boy was unbalanced, Hikki perfomed a quick crossover akin to the Iverson's legendary crossover. Ogiwara stumbled and fell to the floor as he felt the incredible pressure Hikki was releasing, making him feel like an ant.

Hikki then jumped for a shot as Ogiwara swiftly got back up to contest the shot, however, the white haired boy had already released the ball with a beautiful arc, easily sinking the bucket.

The game continued until Hikigaya and Momoharu had won 23:20

And the day continued with Hikigaya winning all his games.

"Streetball is always so fun. I love streetball." Momoharu stated while walking back home with Masahiko and Ogiwara, since they all went the same direction home.

–––

TBC