Chapter 20 - Set The Stage For The Match!

After another few days of preparation against Kazami Junior High, it was finally the day of the game.

School went as it usually did, Hikki reading advanced level books as he already knew everything in class.

By the time the school bell rang, signalling for the end of lessons, the members of the first string basketball club immediately rushed to the gymnasium.

Unknown POV-
"Wow! Look at the size of this school, it completely dwarfs ours!" Exclaimed Jin Nawaki, our starting power forward, who was quite eccentric.

"Ugh! Please be quiet Jin-chan!" Rinnosuke, our starting centre, replied while holding his ears while the twelve of us marvelled at the sight.

Our eyes were on the elegant and well maintained buildings of Meikō Junior High in the Chiba Prefecture.

We were Kazami Junior High, who were in the same prefecture and we were ready for the practice game.

While Meikō High was considered one of the best Middle School Basketball teams in Japan, we were eager to face them.

I was Hasakari Nawasaki, the second year small forward of our team and I was rivals with Kazama Shin, the captain of Meikō Junior High.

There were rumors that there were also 5 promising freshman who were immediately put into the first string on a high profile team like this, which was scary to think about.

But we'd see if those rumors were accurate or not, in this practice game against Meikō.

Our current lineup was:

#4 PG: Izuki Shun (Third-Year)

#7 SG: Hyūga Junpei (Third-Year)

#8 SF: Hasaki Nawasaki (Third-Year)

#15 PF: Jin Nawaki (Third-Year)

#23 C: Ashikage Rinnosuke (Third-Year)

Bench:

#6 PG: Harutora Endo (Second-Year)

#10 SG: Asakura Himeda (Second-Year)

#27 SG: Guren Toneri (Third-Year)

#31 SF: Sugawara Madono (Third-Year)

#21 PF: Akizuki Tonomaru (Second-Year)

#11 C: Arisugara Udon (Third-Year)

#19 SF: Hasegawa Hori (Second Year)

"Oi! Stop ogling the school and come this way!" Our head coach, Coach Tokugawa, exclaimed as we scrambled before walking with the coach as two players wearing the tracksuits of Meikō Junior High Basketball Club arrived.

"Hello. We'd like to thank you for accepting the request for a practice game. And we are ordered by the Head Coach to guide you to the gymnasium. It is quite easy to get lost in those school, after all." Spoke the boy on the right.

Both boys had unusual appearances. The boy on the left was reserved and quiet. He had unique snow white hair with handsome features, to be honest, he looked more like a model than a basketballer, and his shorter stature didn't help him.

Though the immense pressure he emanated, made me just, know, that this kid was a formidable player.

Though. I have no idea in my mind who this kid is?

The boy on the right was significantly taller than his friend on the left with bright blond hair sporting his handsome features.

In fact. The boy on the right must have been at least my height, or a bit shorter. I'd guess around 175 cm or 177 cm, somewhere between.