Chapter 4 - The Train

The next month was a mix of impatience and fun for Iris. She couldn't wait to start school, but she made the most of her time at Camp Half-Blood.

Despite the waiting, she had a blast training and chatting late at night with Annabeth in the Hades cabin. Hanging out there became a regular thing, filled with laughter and gossip.

While she counted down the days, Iris tried her hand at archery with Luke again. It was more of a comedy show than a lesson, but it always left them both laughing.

She also joined in on some pranks with the Stoll twins, pulling a particularly good one on Luke. They tricked him into searching for things that weren't even hidden, for 4 hours, and Iris couldn't stop laughing about it.

As much as she enjoyed these moments, leaving for somewhere new excited her. She hadn't traveled much in her life, mostly sticking around the underworld or Camp Half-Blood.

---

The day finally arrived for Iris to embark on her journey to Hogwarts. With Annabeth's help, she packed all her essential belongings, ensuring she had her wizarding money before heading toward the barrier at Camp Half-Blood.

At the barrier stood Luke, Connor, Travis, and Annabeth, who was already by her side. Chiron, their centaur mentor, was also there to bid farewell. As Iris embraced Annabeth tightly, tears welled up in her eyes. "I promise I'll be back for Christmas, Anna. Can't leave my best friend for too long," she said with a chuckle, though her voice was thick with emotion.

Releasing Annabeth from her hug, Iris stepped through the barrier, ready to shadow travel to London. This time, the act felt less draining than before, although it still made her stumble slightly upon arrival at King's Cross Station. There, she spotted her father, dressed in an all-black suit and her mother dressed in an elegant black dress with black flowers.

"Mom, Dad!" Iris called out, running toward her mom and enveloping her in a tight hug before doing the same for her father.

The brief embrace between Iris and Hades lingered for a moment before her father took the lead, guiding them toward the platform. He carried her case, having taken most of her belongings back to the underworld. Iris, however, insisted on keeping her books over the summer, to which Hades reluctantly agreed. He laid down a condition that she must learn a translation spell from English to Ancient Greek, which she swiftly mastered now that she possessed a wand.

Looking at her ticket with a furrowed brow, Iris felt perplexed. "Platform 9 and ¾? That can't be right, Dad. There's no such platform," she remarked, puzzled. Hades chuckled softly, coming to a stop in front of the solid wall between platforms 9 and 10. He explained that the platform was indeed through that very wall and that she'd have to run straight through it.

Her eyes widened in astonishment, but Iris was familiar with the bizarre. Gripping Skia tightly, she readied herself and dashed forward. As she emerged on the other side, she found herself astounded by the sight of a magnificent scarlet steam train waiting before her.

Iris's parents followed closely behind, drawing intrigued gazes from those around them. Their family exuded an undeniable elegance, all dressed in sleek black attire. Iris getting her fashion sense from her father. Despite being parents, they appeared remarkably young and attractive, a sight that sparked curiosity among the onlookers.

"Remember, Iris, keep us updated," Hades said, his voice gentle yet filled with paternal concern.

Persephone nodded in agreement, her smile carrying both warmth and affection. "Yes, darling. We'll be waiting for your messages," she added, her gaze filled with motherly love.

With promises to stay in touch, Hades handed Iris her case, followed by a small box, presenting it as a parting gift. Curious, she opened it to find a stunning gold charm bracelet adorned with a gold charm in the shape of a dagger and a silver charm resembling a sword.