Chapter 17 - The House Cup

Iris awakened in the infirmary, her senses slowly coming back to her. Dumbledore's voice reached her ears as she turned her gaze towards him. He was talking to Harry and munching on Bertie Botts Every Flavoured Beans. Turning to Iris as she sat up, he spoke in a low tone.

"Ah, you are finally awake." He handed her a cup, and as she sipped it, she realized it was ambrosia. Shocked, she looked at Dumbledore, but he preemptively answered her unspoken questions. "Chiron got into contact with me. He told me about who your parents are. I'll admit, at first, I didn't believe him. But when I entered the chamber and saw Quirrell bound by shadows, I made sure I had Chiron send me what was needed for you to heal fully."

Iris felt a mix of emotions as she looked at the older man, noticing a curious twinkle in his eyes. Reaching for her shirt, she pulled it up slightly, revealing a faint scar on her stomach—a mark from where the knife had pierced her.

"Thank you, Professor Dumbledore," she eventually said.

The professor rose and quietly left the room. Eventually, Iris and Harry were released from the infirmary. They dressed and set off to find their other friends, whom Harry had assured Iris were completely fine.

---

Finally, it was the end-of-year feast. Despite the long and perilous year for Iris and her friends, she found herself genuinely enjoying her time at Hogwarts. However, her mood was slightly dampened by the sea of green in the Great Hall—Slytherin flags adorned the room, marking their win of the house cup. Once everyone finished their meals, McGonagall tapped her spoon against her glass, quieting the hall. Dumbledore rose and began his address.

"Another year gone. And now, as I understand it, the house cup needs awarding. And the points stand thus: in fourth place, Gryffindor with 312 points. Third place, Hufflepuff with 352 points. In second place, Ravenclaw with 426 points. And in first place, Slytherin with 521 points."

Slytherin erupted into cheers at their victory, while the other houses appeared defeated, none more so than the Gryffindor table. Dumbledore continued.

"Yes, yes. Well done, Slytherin. However, recent events must be taken into account. And I have a few last-minute points to award."

"To Miss Hermione Granger, for the cool use of intellect while others were in grave peril, 50 points. For Mr. Ronald Weasley, for the best played game of chess that Hogwarts has seen in many years, 50 points. For Miss Carina Lestrange, for the undying loyalty and protection of her friends, 50 points. And for Mr. Harry Potter, for outstanding bravery and courage, I award 60 points."

The hall erupted into cheers as Gryffindor was tied with Slytherin. Dumbledore spoke once more, his voice carrying over the crowd.

"And finally, it takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends. I award ten points to Neville Longbottom. Now, I believe a change in decoration is in order."

The cheers in the hall were thunderous. For the first time in years, Slytherin had lost the cup, and Gryffindor emerged as the triumphant winners.

A/N - sorry this chapter is a bit short. last one was really long. this is the end of philosophers stone, the summer will focus on the lightning thief, there wont be as many chapters, about 9 before the start of second year.

Between realms - Hermione Grangerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें