Chapter 10 - Quidditch

Excitement rippled through Hogwarts as the anticipated first Quidditch match of the year approached, pitting Gryffindor against Slytherin. Harry and Iris had been relentlessly training under Wood's guidance for weeks.

In the lead-up to the match, both Harry and Iris received brooms. McGonagall gifted Harry his, while Iris received a broom from her father. The accompanying note explained that her father had it forged by Hephaestus, ensuring it was not only swift and agile but also meticulously designed to suit a child of Hades.

At the Gryffindor table during breakfast, Harry, Hermione, Ron, and Iris gathered in their respective attire – Harry and Iris dressed in their Quidditch uniforms, Hermione and Ron donning their full Gryffindor colours

At the Gryffindor table during breakfast, Harry, Hermione, Ron, and Iris gathered in their respective attire – Harry and Iris dressed in their Quidditch uniforms, Hermione and Ron donning their full Gryffindor colours. Ron, eager to encourage Harry, attempted to persuade him to eat a piece of toast, while Iris sat silently, gazing at her empty plate.

Hermione, noticing Iris's lack of appetite, took her plate and filled it with food. Surprised, Iris questioned, "What are you doing, 'Mione?"

"You need to eat something, Riri," Hermione replied, gently but insistently.

Iris glanced toward Harry, noticing a teasing smile on his face as he silently mouthed 'Riri' to her. A slight blush warmed Iris's cheeks as she shyly lowered her gaze. When a plate of food was placed in front of her, she felt overwhelmed with a sick nervousness.

Struggling to convey her inability to eat, Iris looked at Hermione, silently communicating her reluctance. Hermione met her gaze sympathetically, pleading softly, "Please. For me."

Sighing in defeat, Iris relented, knowing she couldn't refuse Hermione's request. With hesitation, she picked up her fork and started nibbling on a small piece of sausage. Hermione smiled triumphantly at her small victory.

Their conversation was interrupted by Snape's appearance at Harry's side. "Good luck Potter." His drawn-out voice delivered a chilling, seemingly encouraging message to Harry, but the tone felt more threatening than supportive. As he walked away Snape's limping didn't go unnoticed.

"That explains the blood," Harry remarked. Hermione, confused, questioned the reference to blood. Harry explained Snape's attempt to get past the three-headed dog, leading to a confrontation where Snape ended up bitten and injured.

"Why would anyone want to go near that dog, besides Iris, of course?" Hermione pondered aloud, referring to Iris's encounter with the three-headed Cerberus.

"Last night, Snape let in the troll as a diversion so he could try and get past that three-headed dog," Harry continued. "But he got himself bitten. Hagrid took something out of the vault, said it was Hogwarts business, very secret. That's what the dog's guarding, that's what Snape wants."

The atmosphere crackled with excitement as the Gryffindor Quidditch team gathered in the team room. Oliver droned on with his speech, but Iris found it hard to focus on his words. The Weasley twins, Fred and George, seized the opportunity to add some levity.