2.

«Focus on getting your life together»

She had been working for two hours sitting on the corner of Emily Prentiss's desk and had completed four consultations for local police in Denver, El Paso, Seattle and New Orleans, when she decided it was time for a cigarette.

Daisy had started smoking at twelve years old, on a school trip with two of her middle school friends and had never stopped since then. It was the only vice, of all the ones she had had, that she didn't want nor could she get rid of.

She got up from the desk, stretching her neck and back a little.

"Where do you think you're going? We're nowhere near done." - Emily told her accusingly

"Just having a cigarette, chief." - she replied, heading towards the door without expecting a yes or no answer from her boss.

Smoking her usual blue Winston on one of the balconies of her new floor she began to think about what Emily had told her earlier: they hadn't started well. All Daisy had to do was make Emily trust her completely and she had actually started in the wrongest way possible; she absolutely had to fix it.

She smoked the cigarette as quickly as possible to avoid Emily telling her that she had been on break for too long, but when she returned to the office she found the older woman busy reading the work she had done in those two very boring hours.

"You did a great job Johnson, I didn't expect it." - Emily told her, giving Daisy her first smile since she first set foot in the BAU.

"I told you that I hate people who get an idea of ​​me without knowing me first." - she replied, making Emily's hinted smile disappear completely.

"Sit down again, there are four more cases to consult." - the older agent told her.

She knew that it would take at least another two hours to complete all the rest of the work, and she absolutely didn't want to finish it, but despite that she decided to give herself some time to observe Emily and her every little gesture.

She couldn't figure her out well: Emily seemed like a strict boss, but with the rest of the team she seemed much kinder and more maternal. She seemed to talk to them as if she wanted to protect them all with only her own strength, she just seemed like one of those people who would take a bullet in her heart to spare it for someone she truly loved.

The Emily she had been told about had actually done it, that woman had risked her entire existence just to protect her co-workers. Daisy almost shuddered to think that she was there to do exactly the opposite, to destroy her.

She paused to look at her gray hair a little longer. She had nothing against the gray and the passage of time, on the contrary, she had promised herself that when the years would start to show on her body she would not do anything to counteract them, but Emily, physically, was not even close to what she imagined.

But she liked her gray hair, she liked the wrinkles around her face, they made her look lived, they gave her an air of unbridgeable sadness, but great respectability. The idea of ​​having sex with her, however, disturbed Daisy a lot.

"Is there anything you want to ask me?" - Emily told Daisy, making her think that she had absolutely no idea how long she had been staring at her.

Daisy nodded her head in negative and went back to reading the files on which she had to express her professional opinion; she missed her old department, where paperworks like those didn't exist.

She had been working silently for an hour and a half on the same files and she was convinced that not once had Emily even glanced at her or had she deigned to take a moment to breathe and rest or give herself a little break.