6*

«And she did not have to ask
if this was right,
no one had to tell her,
because this could not have been
more right or perfect.»

When Daisy recovered from her laughter she instinctively turned towards the glass window of Emily's office that looked out into the bullpen and realized that no one was there anymore. Evidently everyone had already gone out to drink.

"Where is everyone? Work shift just ended." - asked Emily who had followed Daisy's gaze

"I think they all went drinking together, I heard them talking about it."

Emily's gaze suddenly became a fusion of sadness and resentment. Daisy hadn't clear the reason, she could only guess, but seeing her boss like that inexplicably broke her heart.

"Did they invite you?" - her boss asked her

"No, I left before they could, I only overheard them talking about it. They didn't invite you either?"

Emily lowered her eyes to her desk, remaining silent for a while, as if deciding what words to use or whether she could really trust Daisy to talk to her openly about what she thought was happening.

"Since I became unit chief, things have become much more complicated. I have little time to spend with the others and I'm always too nervous when I address them." - she said, finally, after a while

"I'm sure the story is very different. I know we worked for a short time together, but I'm sure you're an excellent boss and also an excellent friend, with the people you like. They surely thought we were busy. It was definitely my fault if we haven't been invited."

Daisy was convinced that this was exactly how things had happened. She was convinced that Rossi had seen them laughing together and he had thought about giving them some time to start fraternizing, but she could not explain to Emily that she was convinced of that based on a conversation she had previously had with Rossi.

She only hoped those words of hers had convinced the older agent and made her go home with a slightly lighter heart. Emily, fortunately, gave her a grateful look, accompanied, perhaps, by the imperceptible hint of a smile; Daisy couldn't quite identify it well.

"I'm sorry I was hard on you Johnson, you have talent, a solid background and you seem like a good person, it's a pleasure to have you on this team." - said Emily, who meanwhile was looking Daisy up and down not missing a piece of her body

"Don't worry, it's a thing of the past. Do you want to join the others? I really need an espresso martini."

"I would be very pleased." - Emily said with a real smile

Daisy smiled back. A shiver ran down her spine when she realized that her smile had come from seeing Emily's. The brunette had to completely change her mind about what she had thought the first time she saw her; Emily Prentiss was beautiful.

Daisy had never been with a woman this much older than her, but Emily could easily have been an exception. Every feature of her face and every curve of her body were perfectly balanced and Daisy couldn't explain how it was possible; whoever had made her that perfect body knew how to do it.

"Do you mind if I make a quick stop at the bathroom first and then join you? See you at the exit or directly at the bar?" - Daisy said, trying to distract herself from that vision

"I'll wait for you downstairs, take your time." - said Emily

Daisy was washing her hands in the bathroom sink when the sound of the door opening behind her distracted her from her thoughts and automatically forced her to turn around to see who had entered, even though she could have easily looked from the mirror above the sink.