8.

«I have to believe that
even if something seems like
it can't be fixed,
doesn't mean it's broken.»

It had taken only a day from that point to arrest Ilary Benson, a prostitute working the streets of Baltimore with whom all the men had had contact. Nothing had come from Penelope's online searches because the only way to find Ilary was to find her on the streets.

She hadn't given Baltimore any trouble up until that point, before her first victim brutally raped her. That had been her stressor and had led her to kill other six innocent men.

All those men had only needed a woman to dominate them in bed and Ilary, in her devious and dirty games, had killed them one by one, without a particular connection. The only thing they all had in common was that they were men.

In the corridors of the local Baltimore police station Daisy saw how JJ carried the girl in handcuffs. The younger agent couldn't help but think that Ilary was one of the most beautiful girls she had ever seen. On that day of investigating her they had discovered that people there called her Pink Mouth, because, they said, she put love on everything she touched.

She had only arrived in Baltimore two months prior, and as soon as she took to the streets everyone realized with a glance that she was not a missionary. There were those who made sex out of boredom, those who chose it for work, but it was said that Pink Mouth was neither one nor the other, she did it out of passion.

But passion, Daisy knew well, often led to satisfying one's desires by hurting other people and so it was that from one day to the next Pink Mouth brought upon herself the fatal wrath of all the people of Baltimore.

Yet for Daisy it was shocking to note that although it had been proven in various ways that that prostitute was a murderer, the concept was not clear to everyone. At the police station that day there were many people, from the commissioner to the sexton with red eyes and hat in hand, to greet Pink Mouth who for a while, with many pretension, brought love to the city.

There was a yellow sign, with a black writing saying goodbye Pink Mouth, spring leaves with you. The funny thing for Daisy was that they hadn't had time to publicly release the news of the arrest yet.

Evidently such original news didn't need any newspaper, like an arrow from above it was shot and quickly passed from mouth to mouth.

Someone had told her that even a parish priest, who did not despise Pink Mouth, wanted that ephemeral asset of her beauty next to him in a procession a few weeks before, and with the Virgin Mary in the front row and Pink Mounth not far away, they had taken sacred and profane love for a walk around the city.

"It's getting really late now. Go to sleep, we'll return home tomorrow afternoon calmly, we haven't been able to sleep properly for days." - Emily said interrupting Daisy's thoughts

Everyone seemed to be happy with that choice, but Daisy's heart skipped a beat. If they had returned home in the next afternoon she would have missed the appointment to see her daughter and that asshole wouldn't never let her recover it.

It was instinctive, tears began to well up in her eyes. It was the first time she cried after Claudia's death and she was doing it there, in the middle of a police station and under everyone's eyes. She wanted to bury herself because she couldn't stop crying.

"Hey what's going on?" - JJ asked her, approaching her gently

The blonde had understood that the situation was not going to improve any time soon and had kindly led Daisy to a small room in the police station, where the rest of the team had followed them. It was clear to everyone that it was hysterical crying, but no one could understand what had caused it.