14*

«At any rate, she thought,
she was happier than
she never had been before.
And why worrying about
defining everything?»

Emily held Daisy's hand while she walked them in her room. Emily loved the sense of protection Daisy made her feel. Every time they were together she felt like a teenager dealing with her first crush, but she never felt wrong about it.

"You're quiet." - Daisy said.

She had been staring at Emily, that immediately fell on the bed, for five minutes without the older woman even noticing; not that Daisy was complaining about the view. Emily's strong features framed by her grey hair always looked so beautiful from her profile view, Daisy could genuinely stare at the other woman for hours if given the chance.

"Sorry, I guess my mind was somewhere else."

"Well, what are you thinking about? I know talking helps you work things out."  - Daisy reminded her boss.

"Honestly, I'm not even sure. I think I was just sort of daydreaming. Well, night dreaming." - Emily corrected with a chuckle at her own joke.

"That's usually just called dreaming." - Daisy corrected.

"Yes, I suppose you're right. As always."

"Don't you forget it." - Daisy replied.

She continued watching Emily as they settled back into comfortable silence. Daisy started wondering what she had done in life to ever have deserved that little part of life she and Emily were sharing. It was a damned gift.

While Emily hadn't ever been married or in a long term relationship, Daisy had been, so she knew how hard and serious relationships could get, but the thing was, being with Emily was not hard. The hard part for Daisy was knowing that she was hurting her.

She was young when she started dating Claudia and she knew that for her late girlfriend supporting her through her addiction was very difficult and that situation had pushed them to their limit, until they both knew they couldn't keep going in the same damaging cycle, but they improved.

Then that love story ended tragically in blood. Daisy had just joined the BAU when she died and while it was obviously heartbreaking to watch her partner disappear into nothing, she had poured herself into her new role as a profiler and convinced herself she was done with love.

Less than a month later, Emily Prentiss changed everything for her. From the moment they met, Daisy knew Emily was someone special and after only a couple days of hating each other, Daisy had started to fall in love yet again.

There they were, a few weeks later, seemingly falling more in love with each other every day. With their career the situation was not easy, they had also witnessed so much death and devastation since they began working their jobs, but with every obstacle they had overcome their faith in love and humanity had only grown stronger.

"You're staring at me. What's on your mind, D?" - Emily said and Daisy smiled at the new nickname

"Oh, I guess I was just night dreaming too." - she repeated.

"That's just called dreaming, I know so because a very intelligent supervisory special agent told me as much." - Emily jested and Daisy laughed

"I guess I was just thinking about how much I really want to let you in and how each day it sort of catches me by surprise that I get to see you every morning and sometimes even go to bed with you."

"I really want to let you in too, Daisy." - Emily smirked

What Emily didn't know was that Daisy exactly wanted her to let her guard down. The younger agent however was extremely devastated. All the emotions Emily made her feel were real, but they could never be stronger than the boundless love she felt for her daughter.