5.

«From your look you can never tell
whether you are judging or absolving»

That morning Daisy woke up in a particularly good mood: it was Sunday and she could finally see her little girl again. She got ready quickly, leaving out make up, skin care and perfume just for that occasion.

Whenever she saw her Rose she tried to avoid wearing products that might mess up her smell. She tried desperately to make sure that her little girl remembered her even when she wasn't there, or that she at least recognized her mother.

Daisy saw Rose, every Sunday morning, in a warehouse just outside of D.C., in an area surrounded by uncultivated woodland, where no one would have gone looking for them if they hadn't done anything to stand out.

"Good morning Princess, how are you?" - her representative told her as soon as she entered the house

"Good morning. Where's Rose?" - Daisy told him, exasperated

Daisy would never have been able to understand how such a young boy, even younger than her, could have such profound evil in his body that left her amazed and horrified every time. Daisy had met him the previous year on an undercover mission for her old team and, obviously, she hadn't been able to do much against him except make him an international fugitive.

"Answer my question first and then I'll have the baby brought to you." - he said, getting up from his chamois leather chair

"I'm fine, thank you very much."

"Look at the education. Aren't you asking me?" - he said, making a sign to the nanny, who was with them in the room, to bring the little girl to Daisy

When Daisy finally picked up her daughter it seemed as if all the sadness vanished from her body. Rose was identical to Claudia, she had the same nose, hair color and eye cut, which however were dark like Daisy's.

"Hi baby girl" - she said holding her daughter

"So, how was your first week with that bitch of Emily Prentiss?" -he asked her, inviting her with a gesture to sit on an armchair in front of his

"She is a lot tougher than I thought, it's going to take a while, but I can totally see the cracks in her protective bubble. Trust me and you'll kill her." - said Daisy, stroking the first hairs that was sprouting from her daughter head

"You have to be faster, I've been waiting for years to kill her and have my revenge."

"You said that the last emotions she should feel must be fear and pain for the betrayal she received from someone she trusted blindly. You must give me time to make her open up to me." Daisy said, feeling no empathy or compassion for Emily

She knew Emily would die, at the exact moment she had to necessarily accept that mission she knew that Emily would die. She had had to deal with that awareness and her reaction was to not feel anything; she was treating that whole situation as something that was none of her personal concern.

"Are you going to sleep with her? That bitch will definitely sleep with you" - asked the boy

"I don't know how else to do it, what else could I talk to her about? The less I talk, the less she will suspect me, I will use my breath differently."

The boy got up from the armchair making an amused and sadistic grin. Daisy finally had all
time that was left with her daughter alone. Just the thought that this piece of shit could be in the same room as her little girl made her want to vomit or kill him.

She necessarily had to speed up her time.

She spent the rest of her time with her child trying to put Emily and everything else about her out of her head. Those hours were just for her and Rose. When her time was up, she recommended, as always, to Rose's nanny to treat her daughter well and to warn her if anything happened to the child.