10.

«Please love me
in the most soft way.
I'm tired.»

For the first time in months, that morning, Daisy hadn't woken up with a bitter taste in her mouth or a bad mood. Reopening her eyes after a number of hours of sleep that had seemed infinite, she found herself still held tightly in Emily's arms; the older woman was still sleeping blissfully and naked in her bed.

Daisy looked at the position of the sun outside the window and suddenly snapped, waking Emily from the bliss of her dreams. Before panic could completely take possession of her, Daisy couldn't help but notice how beautiful Emily was, just woken up and still groggy from sleep.

"Fuck Emily, it's really late, we have to go to work! Yesterday we fell asleep without setting an alarm." - she said trying to escape from Emily's arms

"Calm down, I gave everyone a day off, we all were very tired. You'll have to do more paperwork, but now came back here, lie down and don't bother me" - said Emily pulling Daisy towards her again

The older woman hugged her protectively again, placing a light kiss on her neck. They both knew that that magic would be broken in a matter of hours, but neither of them wanted to break it at that moment.

They both fell asleep again for an indeterminate amount of time, but when Daisy opened her eyes again she realized that Emily was still asleep. She changed their positions slightly, slowly, trying not to wake the other woman, but making sure she was the one hugging Emily.

She stood there for endless minutes looking at every corner of Emily's body, every scar on her, every mole on her, while she gently stroked her gray hair and lulled her into a peaceful sleep. Daisy was so happy that the older woman was finally getting to rest.

When Emily woke up neither of them had any idea what time it was, but they were both definitely rested and from the position of the sun outside the window Daisy could see that it was definitely past lunch time.

"Pass me that shirt." - said Emily when she was finally awake, pointing to a shirt at the end of the bed

"Why? Don't you like being naked in bed with me now?" - Daisy said provoking her

"Don't be an idiot and hand me that shirt, come on."

Daisy had no intention of passing it to her and even physically blocked Emily when she tried to take it herself. She understood perfectly why the older woman wanted a shirt and she wasn't going to feed those unhealthy thoughts she had about herself.

"You don't have to cover up Emily, there's no need. Stay here naked with me, your body drives me crazy." - Daisy said, caressing Emily's belly, which was crossed by a large scar

"I don't see how you can like it. It's old and full of scars. You're the one who doesn't need to cover up between the two of us."

"So what? I like it anyway and look, I'm full of scars too." - said Daisy, pointing to hers

She had several. She had a bullet scar on her right arm that had cost her two months at home and a minor surgery. She had a huge scar on her right leg, which crossed almost her entire leg, that she got herself during the fire and then, of course, she got the scar from giving birth.

"That's not the same Daisy, you are wonderful. You have a spectacular body and presence. Your scars almost embellish it, mine end up ruining it even more. I'm old now, I can't do anything about it." - Emily said resignedly

"What a hypocrite you are. First you stop dying your hair and then complain about how old you are?" - Daisy said jokingly, trying to lighten the situation