[14]

Ever since Callen brought me home from the hospital last week, things have been extremely awkward. Anytime we pass each other we avoid eye contact and when ever we are forced to speak, we never speak directly towards each other. It feels like I'm constantly walking on eggshells around here and I hate it.

I know he's doing this because I'm his "hostage" but sometimes his actions say otherwise. For example he insists that I must have an escort when walking up and down the stairs. He said that he's only doing it because he doesn't want another accident on his hands, but I think that deep down he still cares. 

"Alyona!" Ceaser shouts from behind me and I turn to face him. "Are you okay?" He asks, walking a little faster to catch up to me. 

"Yeah why?" 

He shrugged before reached his arm out for me to hold as he walk up the stairs that I didn't realize were in front of me. "Nothing it's just that I called your name three times and you didn't hear me." 

"Oh sorry. I wasn't doing it on purpose, I was just thinking about something." I responded, watching every step I take to make sure I don't fall.

"Can I ask what you were thinking about?" Even though we were done walking up the stairs, I still held onto his arm as he lead me to my room.

 We make it to my room and I finally let go of his arm, taking a seat in the gray chair next to my bookshelf. "I'm thinking about your brother."

"Oh?" Ceaser says with a sinister smirk on his face.

"Not like that!" I say voice raised with humiliation. "I meant what he said about me being his hostage." I mumbled the last part, looking down at my hands in my lap, afraid of Ceaser's reaction.

When he doesn't answer after a few moments, i look up to see him taking a seat across from me. "Ally, I don't know why my brother says and does the things that happen. And I'm sorry that his words are affecting you."

"I just don't understand why he says he wants nothing to do with me and then does "kind" gestures that I know damn well he wouldn't do to one of his other hostages." I point to the stack of books on my bed that Callen brought me this morning. "If you want to know, ask him" Ceaser shrugs standing up.

"I try but whenever I speak he acts like he wants nothing to do with me." Ceaser stands by the door, pondering on his answer before looking at me in the eyes. "I really don't know how else to help you."

"Why can't you ask him?" I quickly ask, not wanting Ceaser to leave. 

Instead of him answering he just walks out and gently closes the door behind him. Why is everyone in this damn house so fucking sheltered? They're practically afraid of feelings.

I groan and go into my bathroom getting ready for the day even though nothing eventful will be happening besides me sitting alone in my room reading.

After showering and putting on a large hoodie with shorts, I wander out into my room. I make my way to my bed and I grab my stack of books to arrange in my book shelf.

As I'm placing the last book on the shelf a knock echos from my door.

"Come in!" I say, not caring who it is.

When the door opens, I definitely was not expecting Callen to be walking in. "Oh, Callen I-" He interrupted me before I could finish my sentence.

"Before you tell me to leave I just wanted to give you these and say I'm sorry." He hands me a bag and then anxiously scratches the back of his neck. We both stand there awkwardly staring at each other until he turns and goes to walk out.

"Wait, don't leave." I feel like this is my only chance to talk to him.

He turns around and the look in his eyes show he's happy I told him to stay. 

Callen immediately shuts the door and rushes over to me engulfing me in a tight hug, but making sure to avoid my right arm since it's broken. "I'm so sorry," His voice shook as he apologized. "I didn't mean anything I said. You're not just my hostage." I didn't know it was possible, but his grip tightened on me like he was scared he was going to lose me.

I hugged him back and fuck. This man smells so damn good.

When he finally let go of me, a tear fell from my eye and he wiped it away. "I'll do anything for you to forgive me." I haven't left the house since besides the hospital...

A devious smirk makes its way to my face as I look up at him. He's so tall I have to look up at this man because he towers over me. "Could you let me out the house. You can come with me, but I want to be outside."

"Fine, but look in the bag so I know if I need to return anything." I sat on the ground, cross-cross and peaked into the bag to see two Valentino boxes. One being a small box for perfume and I immediately grab it and open it. I don't care if I look greedy, I've always wanted this.

As soon as I smelled it, I nearly melted. I look at the bottom of the perfume. He got me the exact one I wanted. "If you hate it you can just tell me." He said chuckling with his hands deep in his pockets. "How did you know I wanted this!?"

"If that's how you react to perfume wait til you see what else is in the bag." I immediately set down one of the most expensive things I've probably ever held before grabbing the larger Valentino box. 

As soon as I opened the top, I'm met with the shortest, tightest dress known to man.

"Holy shit, I'm going to look like a fucking slut." I look up at him and bit my lip while grinning. 

"Fuck amore, don't do that." I grinned harder and still looked at him. "Do what?"

"Look up at me while biting your lip." Oh I'm definitely about to have fun. 

I switched my position so now I'm sitting on my knees. Callen came closer to me, crouching so he's in front of me. He lifts my chin so my gaze meets his eyes. "I need you to come to an event with me in that dress. Tomorrow at 9. Are you going to be able to behave yourself til then?" I bit my lip subconsciously and nodded.

"Bite your lip again and you aren't leaving the house." I resisted the urge to bite my lip again because I knew he was serious about me not being able to leave the house.

"I didn't know I was on fucking house arrest." I rolled my eyes and stood up, leaving Callen in his crouching position. I left my room to go to the kitchen, hopefully finding Ceaser, but I didn't even make it two steps out of my room before Callen's arm wraps around my waist, bringing me against his chest.

"Fuck. You look so beautiful belissima." He whispered in my ear, his hand still on my waist.

"If this is how you act when I'm dressed like a bum, wait til you see me tomorrow." I kiss his cheek and then walk away, desperately craving dill pickle chips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i couldn't stand them being mad at each other anymore. 

the perfume alyona got was the donna born in roma in case you were wondering.