Evening Things Out

Y/N: Where am I gonna get a third Pokémon? One that is powerful out the gates.

Incineroar: I dunno why your looking at me? It took you years to make me this strong and Zeraora just happened to be stronger when we met her.

Y/N: Speaking of which, is she still in her ball? I could've sworn I saw her come out earlier.

Incineroar: You must've been looking at a Jolteon. I don't know what she's doing but she's still in there. Awfully silent too.

Y/N: Um...Zeraora? Wanna come out? Hello?

Incineroar: You're talking to her but it's still just the ball.

Y/N: Yeah I know smartass.

Incineroar giggles as you reach for Zeraora's ball. Shooting a beam from the ball started to from her shape, but you quickly noticed that it started to deform as she recalled herself in.

Y/N: Uh...

Incineroar: What'd you do?

Y/N: I didn't do anything? Zeraora? Come out please?

You try to release her but somehow the Pokéball shocks you. You drop it back into your bag as your hand tingles from the pain.

Incineroar: You alright?

Y/N: Yeah I'm fine. But I don't know what's wrong with her? Did I do something before we left?

Incineroar: Not that I know of.

Y/N: Aww what am I gonna do? I stupidly accepted this death match, I don't have a third Pokémon, and now my second is having second thoughts about me.

Incineroar: Hey....I think I know where we can get the third.

Y/N: I'm listening.

Incineroar: You're not gonna like this, but maybe we could get help from the little shit?

Y/N: Ash? I mean Garfield?

Incineroar: No, the other little shit. The one who was obsessed over you the day we found her in the canyon.

Y/N: I'm done listening.

Incineroar: y/n.

Y/N: No. I'm not going back to look around for her. It took me months to get her off my tail. We literally had to move houses because of her.

Incineroar: But she was strong.

Y/N: When you were a Torracat. Now she's-

Incineroar: Probably stronger. Ultra beast are different from regular Pokémon. Therefore, we could use her as the third. She might even be stronger than me now.

Y/N: No, and my word is final.

Incineroar: When has your word been final to me?

Y/N: I hate you. I hate you so much.

Incineroar: So are you gonna walk out of here with me? Or and I gonna have to drag you out again?

Y/N: I'm going I'm going.

You stand up rubbing your hand as you walk out of the Pokécenter. Incineroar informed You of a Pidgeotto traveling service to get home. Suddenly her ears perk up as she pushed you out of the way. A beam of water rushed through the air between the two of you. Incineroar stands confused as another stream approached her.

Incineroar: (Dammit, I'm too slow! Judging by how it left a crater behind me, and that I'm at a disadvantage, I'm doomed if this thing hits me.)

Suddenly a bright burst of light emerges from your bag and zips towards Incineroar. Zeraora's ball had open and was empty.