|2|

It was early in the morning— when Coriolanus had called Avi, with another one of his stupid ideas. It was always something to get them in trouble.

"You want me to do what? Coriolanus." Avi spoke through the phone.

"Oh come on, dont act like you didnt hear me. I know you want nothing to do with these games, but atleast try to do something with your tribute." There it was again, Some way or another, someone was always making it seem like they didnt have control in they're own lives, and the way Snow was speaking of it, it made Avi feel as if she was no longer apart of that, like she wasnt district.

"Fine." She grumbled, giving in after the boy's relentlessness. Slamming the phone back on the wall. She didnt know if that boy actually wanted her help with him meeting his tribute, or if he was scared of them, scared of what they might do to him, and he wanted Avi for protection.

It wasnt long before Avi had arrived at the train station, and she spotted Coriolanus in his bright red school uniform, one way to make a first impression.

"Really, capital?" Avi scoffed as she neared him, taking sight of the rose in his hand, "what are you trying to do, woo her?"

"Just a warm welcome." He shook her off.

"A welcome implies that she wants to be here." Avi said, staring him down like it was his fualt, but her gaze was quickly diverted when the train had arrived, it was a cargo train, and not a passenger train that the capital citizens were used to taking. Just another way they seperated them from the districts.

Avi remembered being here herself, two years ago.

"Move it!" The peacekeeper shouted as he ripped open the comparment door, pulling Leer out of the opening and throwing him to the side.

"Watch it!" leer shoved him off, moving towards the opening to help his younger district partner down. "You okay?" He asked her softly, only receiving a nod.

Leer was a tall boy, with a decent amount of muscle from the work back in four, he could make anyone back down from a fight with just one look. He was intimidating, that was safe to say, but he was kind, too kind, atleast to Avi. He would do anythiny for the young girl.

The peace keeper shoved both of them around, pushing them.

Avi was so lost in thought she hadnt noticed the tributes getting out of the train, that was untill snow snapped his finger infront of her face, and pointed to a boy, not to far away.

He was tall, with a decent amount of muscle, just like Leer. Most likely from chopping down trees, in seven. He was helping a redheaded girl off the train, just as Avi pulled herself away from the beam she had been resting on, "you treech?"

The boy snapped his head around, facing the other girl with a confused look on his face. "Who are you?"

Avi pulled a sandwitch from her red coat, the only part of the school uniform she had decided to wear, and tossed it towards the boy. "Im your mentor, sadly."

"Thanks, but im good." Treech shook his head, stepping forward, but Avi stopped him, taking the sandwitch out of his hands.

"Suit yourself then, but dont come crying to me, when you miss your mommy." Avi went to walk off.

"Wait!" Treech frowned, calling out before Avi could even take a step, "whats a mentor?"

"Good choice." Avi gave him a approving look, returning the food back to him, and finnally Treech took a proper look at her.

She didnt look capital, besides the bright red uniform coat, she wore. Hiding the pair of jean shorts and flowered tanktop she had underneath. Her hair was pulled into a ponytail, and there was a long scar running down her left leg, something Treech only had noticed when he took a second glance.