|12|

Avi had woken up in a hospital bed— later that day, it had to have been past ten o'clock. Since everyone around them was quite, only a few straglers layed dormant.

"Avi!" Sejanus, came to her side, relief flooding his face, "thought you were going to be sleeping forever."

Avi straightened up in her bed, looking around, "wheres Treech?"

Sejanus smiled, "back at the Zoo, hes okay though."

Avi let out a sigh of relief, "good."

"You should've seen the fight he put up." Sejanus laughed, "Almost punched a peacekeeper."

"What?" Shock resided on Avi's face.

"He really cares about you, V." Sejanus told her.

"He shouldn't." She smiled sadly.

"But he does."

"I know."

"And you do too." Sejanus relized, his eyes widening.

Avi's face paled, licking her lips as she pushed herself out of the bed, "I should go."

"But the doctors havnt cleared you yet?"

"I need so see treach, at the zoo."

Not a single person was in sight, by the time Avi had neared the zoo, it was dark out, and the cold chilly air nipped her skin

"I thought you were dead." Treech called out, is tall figure coming into view, his face was restless, and Avi expexted that he hadnt gotten any sleep. "they wouldnt let me see you."

"What'd you expect." Avi frowned, scanning over his figure, "your not hurt, are you?"

Treech shook his head, "no, Im alright. They had a vet check us—"

"A vet?" Avi's face showed a small bit of shock.

"Yeah, guess were not good enough for a doctor, she did the best she could for some of us but—" Treech trailed off, scanning around the Zoo, " theres only a little over half of us left."

"Is mizzen—"

Treech hadnt let her finish, "yeah, hes okay. Worried, but not hurt."

"Thats good." She breathed, stepping closer to the bars.

"He was beggining to think you were really hurt." He notified her, taking a step closer aswell. "I told him, you'd be okay. But I was unsure myself."

"Hes just a little boy." She looked towards his sleeping figure. "Hes scared."

"He'll get through it." Treech followed her gaze, "hes got Coral by his side, she wont let anyone near him."

"Ill remember to thank her for that." She nodded, putting the thought in the back of her head, "and you? Are you still in the alliance."