|21|

Avi awoke the next morning with an uneasy feeling in her stomache, but she ignored it and made her way to the academy, her hand fiddling with the mockinjay charm. She only hopped for Treech to withstand the first day, so she could get her plan into action. She knew he could survive, but if she took the risk of it all, she'd end up losing one of them either way, wether it'd be her brother Or Treech, maybe if she got unlucky it'd be both of them. She shook the thought from her head and sat beside pup harrington, she glanced toward's Felix's empty seat, and remembered that he was still in the hospital. He was one of the only capital students who had been nice to her, stood up for her against Arachne's comments.

"How are you feeling?" Pup harrington asked her, his own gaze worried for Lamina.

She shrugged, "I want this to be over with." She didnt want to face the games again, it was like her mistakes had her reliving it over and over again. The arena reminded her she was a murderer, and that was something she could never forget.

Pup nodded at her answer, and leaned against his screen in anticipation, she could tell he didnt want to be here, but he had too for Lamina.

Sejanus walked in with coriolanus, and sent Avi a nod of support, letting her know the plan was still in progress, and when she was ready he'd cover for her.

She was struggling and that was obviouse, and she felt her hand reach out towards her mockinjay again, her only form of comfort, but it wasnt enough. She needed Treech. She yearned to be back in his arms again, to know that he was there, and she wondered if he was feeling the same way. He probally wasnt thinking at all, too overwhelmed at the thought of the games, she couldnt blame him, she remembered what it was like, and it tore her apart to know that Treech was going through it. Whenever she was with him, she felt at peace, like the world around them slowed, and dissapeared, and the only thing holding onto her was him. She thought of Mizzen, and how worried she was for him, but she knew Coral would protect him, aslong as she needed. Avi was familiar with the girl from four, and they had an understanding, even though they didnt know eachother well.  The screens flashed on, and Avi hadnt even relized the games were starting.

"Enjoy the show!" The sound rung in Avi's ear, and she felt her heart speed up, she had to remind herself that she wasnt in the arena, but it was hard since the reminder meant Treech was there instead.

"Enjoy the show!" Treech's face came into view, he looked angry as the peacekeepers shoved him forward, Mizzen was beside him, and it made her thankfull that the two of them were atleast together. They spared eachother a glance, before they seperated.

"Enjoy the show!" The camera drifted to a diffrent part of the arena, showcasing the boy from district two, Marcus, strung onto one of the pillers, life seeping out of him.

"Well, we can all sleep easy knowing hes off the streets." Lucky commeneted, how could he say that? Marcus was just a boy, a boy who had been ripped away from his home, and forced into a place he wanted nothing else but to leave, he was treated like an animal, his humanity stripped away from him, and yet Lucky had said, 'sleep easy?'

Sejanus stood up, anger fuming off him as he caught side of the scene, "Your monsters! All of you!" He screeched, throwing the chair at the screens, and rushed out of the academy. Avi had regonized the outburst, one she had seen against the capital many times, one that she had to hold back against.

Lucky shook him off, and began the countdown as the tributes got ready in they're spots.

"Ten!"

"Nine!"

"Eight."

"Seven!"

She could see Mizzen wipe his sweaty hands on his pants, swallowing hard as he glanced towards the camera, like he was looking for Avi.