|26|

The tributes were loaded into the train, all together once again, they knew it was going to be a long ride, and Sejanus had departed a long time ago.

Treech sat in the corner of the dark floor, not saying a word after his little outburst in the van, though everynow and then he'd notice a few tributes glance his way worriedly, including Lamina, his District partner, but she made no move to console him.

The only one who had, breaking the silence in the train, sat beside Treech, they're shoulders just barely touching, "I have hope shes still alive, maybe we wont see her again— but shes out there."

Treech would rather her be safe than dead, but he wasnt with her, and the thought of her being alone weighed him down entirely, knowing she was out there, and he couldnt find her, it'd only make him keep looking everday, "I hope she comes back."

Mizzen nodded, "I do too. I just got her back, I dont want to loose her again."

Treech silently wrapped an arm around Mizzen's shoulder, both boys grieving in they're own ways.

"What will you do when you get back to seven?" Mizzen asked suddenly.

Treech thought for a moment, "be with my family, and think of her."

Mizzen turned to him at his words, "You really like her?"

Treech nodded sadly, "its more thank that. . . I think."

"You care about her?" Mizzen continued, his words dripping with so much curiosaty.

"Yes."

"You'd protect her."

"Always."

"You'd do anything for her?"

"Yeah."

"You love her?"

"Yes." Treech answered without even thinking, it was like he knew the answer without even having to register what Mizzen was asking. The words just flew from his lips, and he blinked in suprise.

Mizzen smiled at him, "I knew it."

"I mean—" Treech tried to cover up his mistake, "I havnt quite figured it out yet."

"Seems like you have." Mizzen denied his words, "I see the way you look at her."

Treech laughed, dropping his head into his knees, "Your onto me, four."

"Oh, I know I am. Wait, till I tell Minso, and district four bout this." Mizzen smirked, "maybe we can get you a welcome cake, when she gets you to meet them all."

"That'd be one scary trip."

Mizzen's smirk only increased, "oh it will be." He patted him on the back, "The district four boys are something else."

Coral who heard the conversation
Briefly, chuckled, "you could say that again."

"What do you mean?" Treech was unerved by their words, did they're district hate him already.

"Everyone in four, adores Avi. When they find out, shes got a little lover boy, well . . . You might face a bit of trouble." Coral warned him.

"How do I not face the trouble?"

"Hard to do, but I'd Advise getting Minso to like you." Said Mizzen, picking at his shoelaces.

"And how do I do that?"

"Preety easy," coral laughed, "hes a big sweetheart, atleast to people in four, but when you first meet him, he's intimidating, real scary too."

Mizzen laughed aswell, "he made a peacekeeper cry, a little while ago. Got all up in his face, and threatened to drown him— but anyways, just be yourself," he shrugged, "Just gotta show you care for her as much as they do, District four is big on family."

Coral agreed, "real big."

The train halted to a stop, and Lucy gray hopped out, quick and easy, being welcomed by her family, and the rest of twelve.

"You'll put in a good word for me?" Treech looked towards Mizzen.

Mizzen only laughed in his face, "No? I'll mention you to Minso, but I dont have any good words about you, better to face their wraths without the expectations." His words left a chill in Treech's body.

"Oh god." He mumbled to himself, only making them laugh harder, "weapons are illegal in four right?"

Coral shook her head, "Nah, they all got spears and Tridents, real clever with them too."

"If your a fisher, atleast." Mizzen explained.

"Your not all fishers?"

"No, I mostly work on nets, and climb the ship masts. Avi was a diver."

"Whats a diver?"

"Probally one of the most dangerouse jobs there is—" Coral paused, "best if you see it, when you visit. If you dont chicken out."

"Oh I wont, cant have them thinking im scared." Treech laughed. "Give me a few weeks and ill be there"