|9|

The mentors were aloud to meet with they're tributes— to discuss stradegy before they went in to explore the arena, the one part where Avi was particularly dreading. She wondered if they had changed anything, if the blood stains of past tributes would still be there, did they even bother cleaning it up? Besides taking out the bodies.

"V?" A voice gently said, sitting down infront of her, "you okay?" It was Treech, chained to the table, it made it hard for him to move.

Avi nodded, "fine."

Treech knew not to press any further, so he leaned back in his chair, or atleast as far as he could, "so whats on the agenda today, Gorgeouse?"

Avi smiled, flipping through the papers, "I ask you questions, and then we go into the arena."

Treech straightened up at that, "are you ready for that?"

"No." Avi shook her head, a frown etched upon her lips, "I wouldnt ever be ready."

Treech stayed silent after that, tapoing his fingers on the desk as Avi filled out a few questions she already knew the answer too, and treech took the opportunity to look around, most of the tributes werent even talking to they're mentors, covering they're faces, heads down, or even just looking in the complete opposite direction. Trying anything to not talk to them. Others were crying, or if they were talking, it was hesistant and tense.

"Family?" Avi asked, making Treech snap out of his daze.

"Uh yeah." Treech frowned, he had tried so hard to not think about his family while he was here, he didnt want to think there was a chance he'd never see them again. "Ive got two little siblings and an older brother. The youngest is 8, her names tilly, and the others twelve. Haltin . My older brother is eighteen. Henry."

Avi nodded, "what about your parents?"

"Just my dad, and my step mom." Treech shrugged, "I dont see him very often, not with all the work he has. So its mostly just henry taking care of us, but my step mom has been around for aslong as I can remember, shes like my actual mom, dont see her very often either though."

"Relationships?" She continued.

"Why you looking?" Treech smirked, as her face blushed.

"Im just reading whats on the paper." She looked at him.

"No, Im single." He winked.

Avi laughed, shaking her head, "age?"

"Im seventeen." Treech said, noticing the way her pen stopped writing, "is that too old for you?"

"No." She glanced up at him, "im only sixteen."

"So I have a chance?" He continued teasing.

Avi rolled her eyes, putting her pen down and crossing her arms.

"Im not hearing a no?"

"I wasnt going to say no." Treech's smile only seemed to widen.

"So if I get out of here alive?" Treech's face turned seriouse for a few moments, he leaned in close, just so Avi could hear him, "I take you back to seven with me? How does that sound?"

Avi smiled softly, "yeah, Thats sounds nice."

"Yeah?" Treech nodded, "We could live in one of those old cabins together, maybe one day we could even get away from this place." He glanced around the hall, "all of it."

"Like outside of panem?"

"Far away." Treech agreed, "I'd take you wherever you wanted, get you away from this mess"