|8|

The pack stayed huddled together, in an alcove, that provided them enough protection for the night, they had decided to take watches, just incase someone had managed to get up to them, without anybody noticing.

Avi took first watch, as she looked out at the cornucopia, and the open space, it was empty, nothing moved, not even an inch. And it was silent, too silent, the only thing heard was Avi's breathing as she rested her head against one of the rock walls.

It took an hour for anything to happen at all, a dark figure came out of one of the tunnels, it was Tino, the boy from eight. his head snapping around as if someone was going to pop out, and kill him at the moment, and Avi was supsrised he went unscaved as he climbed ontop of the cornucopia, and snatched a weapon. If he had grabbed one at the beggining of the day, he must've lost it. Avi ajusted uncomfortable, as she watched the boy, he must've felt her eyes on him, as his head turned towards her, as he stood ontop of the cornucopia, and for a moment they just stared at eachother, she had thought, just for a second that he was going to find a way to climb up there and kill her, but he didnt, instead he turned away, walking back into the tunnel he had came from, without a second glance.

"You okay?" Leer's voice sounded from inside the alcove, it was quite, and she could feel his presense above her, standing as he leaned againt the rocks beside them. He could've pushed her off at that moment if he really wanted to, play it off that she had rolled off in her sleep, but he didnt, only peering down at her sadly.

"Yeah," she whispered, "im good." And Leer nodded, taking in the hidden octave of her words, it was like she didnt mean anything she had ever said, it was like that as soon as she arrived in the capital, like she had lost all the hope and happiness she had in district four, like her mind could only replay one thing.

"Get some rest, I'll take next watch." He told her, helping her to stand up, so she could go back to the safety of the alcove, hidden from the rest of the tributes, just for a little while, but she couldnt sleep, no matter how much she tried.

The next morning, it was awfully quite, as if the tributes were too scared too move, but the scorebored hadnt changed since yesterday afternoon, and there was still a handfull of tributes left over

The next morning, it was awfully quite, as if the tributes were too scared too move, but the scorebored hadnt changed since yesterday afternoon, and there was still a handfull of tributes left over. There was fifteen of them left. Ten had been taken away in the first day.

"You think we can get, seven. Up there?" Ric pointed up towards the girl, who layed sitauted on the scorebored.

"If you can get up there." Aretmi laughed, crossing his arms over, like he didnt believe Ric could.

"Is that a challenge?"

"If you take it as one." He shrugger

Ric and silver rushed to clamour up the scoreboard, it took a few minutes, and by the time they had even gotten near the top, the girl from seven knew they were there, she jumped to her feet, trying her best to keep them from reaching her with her small axe, swinging it wildly at silver, but they only proaked and prodded at her, laughing.