|17|

Treech's intervriw had went— suprisingly smoothly, he had won the capital audience over in just seconds, showing them how to juggle, and Avi noticed the sense of hope was still with him, she had given him one more shot at this all. She felt bad for not telling him the whole story, but she knew she couldnt. Treech was escorted back to the zoo without even being able to say goodbye, and Avi sulked up beside Sejanus, who was waiting for her behind the piller.

"Avi." He breathed out in shock, like he had forgotten who he was waiting for.

"Sejanus." She nodded causually. "We need to get the games cancelled."

Sejanus couldnt agree more, taking her by the hand and pulling her into a spot he knew no one would be listening, "I got a message from two, from some of the rebels. They've been planning to sneak out of the districts, into the woods just like you had said. They've snuck a few."

"To thirteen?" Avi mumbled.

"Yeah." He nodded, "its going slow, but its something. They expected the bombings to stop the games, but they werent as strong—"

"I know." She snapped, her eyes raising to meet his, "I havnt been honest with you."

Sejanus frowned, "what—"

"I havent been honest with any of you," she confessed, "but if I tell you, I need to know you wont crack."

Sejanus nodded, waiting for her to continue.

"Back in my games, some of the tributes were planning the uprising, before they got reaped, but they didnt stop, thats how they got the bombs planted." She paused for a moment then continued, "Tino didnt have everything he needed, so they malfunctioned, still went off tho, but it wasnt enough."

"Your confusing me, Avi. Whats going on?"

"They planned to have the tenth be the last, correct? And they were going to, but then coriolanus gave them ideas to make more viewers— they didnt expect that." She mumbled, and sejanus had to listen closely to hear what she was saying, "and with him still in power, they wont stop. Not unless we do something about it, and the only one to stop it is the game maker, with her still in the picture—"

"Your not saying?" Sejanus cuaght on.

"Thats exactly what Im saying." She confirmed, "they're cant be games without the gamemaker."

"They'll only replace her."

"They cant do that in weeks tops." Avi shook her head, "it'll give us time, without the districts fearing that they will lose people to the games if they get cuaght, they'll be more likely to go avenge"

"And then we rebel?"

"Exactly."

"We cant kill her." Sejanus shook his head, "they'll find out, and they'll kill us."

"Oh we arent doing anything." Avi reassured him, "your covering me, when I do it. Your getting the tributes out, get them on a train and get them as far away as you possible can. Even without the games theres a small chance they'll just send them home. You'll drop them off at the districts."

"Your sacrificing yourself?" Sejanus gasped, like the thought wa unheard off.

Avi didnt meet his gaze, "yeah." She mumbled, "ill find a way back, I always do, but I have to do this."

"Why?"

"Unfinished busniss." Avi shrugged, "Its what they wanted, so im doing it for them."

Sejanus frownrd further, who 'they' were was unclear.

AUTHORS ANNOUNMENT
Short chapter, but I feel like all of them talk so confusingly when they try to explain the uprising(Tino,avi etc) like they're always just rambling.... Wtv

Dont forget to vote and comment