|15|

Tino slammed his foot into the wall, "Fuck!" He shouted in frusturation. The anger fuming off him. Why hadnt he stopped her? Leer was going to have his head when he finds out, wherever he was atleast. He wasnt going to take this easily, not at all. Tino had just let her walk out of here, injured and alone, with a pack of tributes wanting her blood, all becuase of a minor disagreement they had, was it becuase he kissed her? Was that why she thought he was using her?

Tino sighed in frustration, going back to his work. He wouldnt go after her, she'd probally kill him, the way she was going about it was so calm it was almost scary, he knew there was something mysterious with her, something he couldnt quite put to words, but it was on the tip of his tongue and he knew it. She was the mockinjay, wether she liked it or not, the only problem was getting her to see it. Tino knew he needed Leer, someone she trusted, but he didnt know Leer either, not personally. However the one thing he did know about the boy was that he'd never go against Avi, and it if that meant betraying the one thing he stood for he'd do it. There was something, unspoken between the two of them, that nobody knew. Maybe it was the fact they grew up together, and they were from home, but even that wasnt enough for how Leer would lay down his life for her, how he stood so protectivly infront of her in that van ride over, glaring at anybody who even looked at her in the wrong way. How he wasnt afraid to fight Tino, wven though they were allies. Was he afraid Tino would hurt her? Would he really just betray all the districts? The whole uprising? For one single girl, he grew up with. They could find a new mockinjay, that was easy, it would come in a few years tops, but he needed Leer.

It had been almost hours that Tino just sat they're peicing together the wires, this was how he survived the entire games, hiding. It wasnt really hiding, they just never ran into him.

There was a small comotion by the door, and Tino stood up defensivly, holding his knife through the opening, but Leer popped his head through with a smile, pushing himself through.

"You scared me, Leer." Tino lowered his knife, sighing as he ran a hand through his hair. He looked tired, due to the fact he had gotten barely any sleep in the last few days."

"Sorry," Leer glanced around, his smile slowly fading, "wheres Avi?"

Tino didnt answer him, looking everywhere but his eyes, and Leer took a step forward, anger sinking in his bones, he had Trusted Tino to do one thing.

"Tino—" he began.

"Im sorry ok!" Tino shouted, but he could finish with his apolagy, as he was slammed into the wall.

"Where is she?" Leer demanded angrily, anger seering of his eyes.

"She ran off last night." Tino confessed.

"Last night?" Leer's grip on him didnt loosen, "are you joking?"

Tino shook his head.

"What'd you do?" Leer asked suspicoulsy, and when Tino didnt answer Leer pressed him harder against the wall, so hard it made Tino afraid he might put a hole in it, "what the fuck did you do?"

"I didnt do anything." Tino denied, holding back the full explanation.

"You better not have," Leer warned, "but she wouldnt just run off, not without a reason."

Tino thought for a moment, and then spilled, "I told her the plan, and she didnt trust me."

Leer sighed, letting him go, and took a step back, "thats it?"

"And I kissed her." Leer's head snapped towards Tino.

"What?" His gaze had became angrier, and for a moment Tino thought he would kill him. "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"I dont know!"

"I trusted you with one thing! One thing." Leer snapped, "and you go and mess it up." And suddenly his fist collided into Tino's face, making him stumble back, clutching his nose.

"Becuase I dont get you, Leer!" Tino snapped back, But he wouldnt make a move to hurt him back. "Shes just some girl from your district!"

"Shes not just some girl." Leer shook his head, shaking his fist.

"Yeah your right, you think shes the freaking mockinjay." Tino rolled his eyes.

"I told you, I didnt want her apart of this." Leer's voice dropped deathly low.

"Why?" Tino asked, a frown etched on his face, as Leer picked up his spear from the entrance of the door, but he didnt leave just yet, going back towards Tino, who took a step back in fear.

"Becuase I promised to protect her." He confessed, the grip on his spear, making his knuckles turn white. "And getting her cuaght up in something like this, is not protecting her."

"Look around, Leer." Tino laughed, "were in the hunger games, you cant protect her."

"I can." Leer argued, "And I will. Thats something you dont get. You dont know whats its like to have someone, who you wish you could just save."

"Is it becuase shes from your district?" Tino still wasnt understanding it, "your just going to give up the whole uprising to save her?"

"If thats what it takes." Leer decided.

"Are you insane?" Tino exclaimed, "People have died for this."

"And she wont be one of them." Leer's voice was calm, and he wasnt changing his mind. It was like he had decided it years ago.

"Thats not your choice." Leer snapped, his spear tossed to the other side of the room as he stepped dangeroulsy close to Tino.

"Listen to me." He demanded, pointing a harsh finger into his chest. "You lay a hand on her, and I will kill you." It wasnt a question, or something that could he argued. Leer was seriouse, and the look on his face was unlike Tino had ever seen before, it scared him. Something in Leer was turning, and it wasnt for Tino.

"Have you completly lost it?" Tino asked, "whats so speical about her, huh? What are you inlove with her Leer?"

Leer took a deep breath, like he was holding himself back from ending Tino right there. "You remember Kirke?"

Tino was confused, why was he bringing up Kirke now, at all times? "Yeah."

"Thats his little sister." Leer told him, meeting his eyes completly, for the first time in a while, "when he went into the games I promised him, I'd protect her. I owe him everything, and this is the one thing I can do for him, becuase He saw what I see in her. Shes too good for this world, Tino, and if helping her means giving up the rebellion, then I'll do it."

"Thats not what Kirke would have wanted." Tino swallowed harshly.

"You didnt know him." Leer shook his head, "not like I did. You dont know how much he cared for her, and if you cared for Kirke it wouldnt matter, you'd see it too."

Tino didnt answer him, and Leer didnt wait, picking up the spear again and heading for the door.

"Go back to your little bombs, becuase Obviously thats all your good for." He spat, but Tino couldnt take it to be offended.

"Wait— Leer."

"Dont." Leer couldnt look at him anymore, he had trusted him, and he completly went behind his back on the one thing he had told him to do. Leer slid under he door before Tino could stop him, desperate to search for Avi.

AUTHORS ANNOUNCMENT

LEER IS PISEEEED. Honestly maybe a little more, but he is fuming with Tino in this chapter, leer is litterally like her brother, and he'd do anything to protect her, they got eachother backs no matter what, and they're ending is so sad.