|5|

It wasnt long before Avi— returned to the zoo eager to see a certain pair of boys, this time the zoo was sourounded by students in bright red uniforms, talking to certain tributes, leaving Avi to feel left out without her jacket, but she knew it was put to better use, and she didnt care for it at all.

It made it easier to spot Mizzen, talking to a capital girl, his mentor, who Avi regonized as persephone, a girl who was badmouthed by certain peers about her father being a canibal. Mizzen noticing her gave her a warm smile, but he didnt move away from his mentor, not yet atleast.

Treech sat at the same rock he had claimed, Lamina off talking to her mentor, and he straightened up as soon as he spotted her. She looked diffrent than last night, the blood had been wiped away, and she didnt have blotchy tears covering her face. She wasnt a mess anymore. She looked like Avi, or as Avi as she could get. She limped towards him slowly, obviosyly still feeling the pain of her injured leg.

"Avi." Treech breathed, happy to see her. He didnt think she would come back any time soon, and he was beggining to lose hope, but he should have suspected better.

Avi tossed a bag of food into the cage, "You doing alright?" She asked him.

"I should be asking you that." He gave her a shy smile as he rumaged through the bag, beggining to eat.

Avi shook her head, sitting down infront of him, as he pushed himself closer.

"Im glad your okay." He told her, glancing up to take in her appearance.

Avi didnt know how to reply so she didnt, only looking at him, like she expected him to say more, but he didnt.

After a few moments of silence he looked up to her, watching her as her gaze diverted around the cage, peering at the tributes, like she was trying to figure them out, and Treech supposed she was, a girl like that had to know what to do, his gaze followed her, eyeing a capital girl tuanting the girl from ten, Brandy. Who leaned a bottle just close enough for her to reach and pulled it back at the last second.

"Shes going to get herself killed." Avi shook her head watching them, for a few moments, before looking back to treech.

He agreed, "You know her?"

"Not rlly." Avi said, "Were not fond of eachother."

"Why?"

Avi looked up at him like it was obviouse, and gave him a look, "You know why."

Treech sighed, feeling stupid for asking, he wanted to ask about yesterday, what had happened between her and Coriolanus, but he knew better.

"Arachne!" Avi, finnally called out to the rude Capital girl, interfering with her tactics. "Cut it out, will you?"

"Shut it, you district scum!" Arachne snapped, glaring at her from the distance she sat, "What is this giving you to much Nostalgia, For you to handle?"

Avi shook her head regretting even calling out to the girl, the way all the people around eyed the two of them, even the tributes frowning at Avi, wondering if she was just going to take that.

"Trust me, if I could put you back in that arena. I would." Arachne rolled her eyes, "maybe then you wont come back."

Avi took a deep breath, shaking her head. She couldnt do anything about it, not with so many peacekeepers around.

"Thats what I thought, district dirt." Arachne continued, like her taunting wasnt enough, "didnt you smash a brick over some kids head? In the arena, oh wait— that was your crazy district partner, wasnt it? Yeah I remember it, he went mad and you slammed his head into the cornucopia, didnt you?" Arachne laughed, like the memory was funny, and Avi jumped to her feet, hearing enough of the other girls words, "You gonna smash my head in to? Avilyne?" Sejanus rushed forward, pulling Avi back by the arm, glancing around at the dead silent Zoo, everyone's eyes were on them.