Ruby

Hearing Tom say those words fills me with joy. In the short time i have been here i haven't felt more myself. He treats me like a queen! He doesn't care if i speak. Not letting me do chores. Only thing he has told me is that i need to eat until i cannot fit another bite into my mouth.

The elves bring out dessert, apple pie! I haven't had this since school. Tom cuts me a smallish slice as he knows i need to work to bigger portions. I moan as the warm filling touches my lips. I was never allowed dessert. Only 5 bites of the main meal. I clear my plate, Tom smiles to himself as if he is proud of me.

'All done my love? You seem satisfied' he kisses the back of my hand. I feel myself starting to cry.

He leaves his chair. Sweeps me up and carries me to his library. I am in awe. I always knew he had a passion for reading and books. I am speechless to what he has done with the space. Looking at the floor to ceiling window i see his reading nook. He guides me over to an altar looking thing with a massive book.

'I need to be honest with you. It was me posing as Mattheo that day when you received the diaries, and this book is where you ink goes. I know it sounds much but i needed to know what was going on. What the note didn't say is that i can write back to you. You know this now and you can go back knowing you are not alone' i cannot speak.

I hug him tight. Only thing i can think of in this moment. I always knew he was obsessive and i kind of love it. He then gets a book from the shelf and sits us both down. Making sure i lay in his lap.

Tom

I need to be touching her whenever i can. Laying her in my lap as i start reading, i know we always used to do this back at school. She was always the one person that could ground me. I feel her body relax and drift off to sleep. I quietly read to myself, not daring to disturb this sleeping angel. About an hour passes and she stirs.

'Theo! No, you're hurting me!' She's having a nightmare.

'Ruby? Shh my darling. You're safe. You're with Tommy' i calmly speak to her.

She settles back down. Tears fill my own eyes knowing just a small fraction of what she has been through. I take a breath and enter her head. I need to see everything. I return to reality. I can't control how i am feeling now. I hug her tightly. Giving her back in two weeks is going to kill me.

I carry her to my bedroom. I put her in one of my t shirts and tuck her in. I cuddle into her, wrapping my arms around her body. Sniffing her citrusy scented hair. I drift off into a deep sleep.

The next morning i wake up feeling extremely rested, but my gem isn't in bed. I throw on my grey sweatpants and race downstairs. Mattheo trying to reason with Ruby.

'Rubes, you don't need to do this. You are here to relax princess. Tom has already told you this.' He turns to me looking very concerned. I edge slowly into the kitchen and she is frantically putting together breakfast and coffee.

'Ruby. Stop' she doesn't hear me. I turn to Mattheo and he nods knowing what i must do.

'RUBY! ENOUGH' jumping out of her skin she turns to the pair of us. Then does something that shocks us both. Gets to her knees, hands on thighs with her head down.

'Ruby needs her punishment now daddy. She needs to be punished. She didn't get food ready for you.' She speaks as if she herself is a house elf.

We both go down to her level and pick her up to her feet. I cup her face forcing her to look at us.

'Ruby will not be punished here. It isn't Ruby's job. You are not an elf. Daddy isn't mad. Ruby is safe.' I kiss her forehead. She sobs hysterically. It's like that twisted bastard has brainwashed her. I glance to my brother and i know he feels the same rage as me.

Mattheo

Seeing how she reacted broke my heart. I don't know Theo anymore. He was like a brother to me in school. Thick as thieves, so close to the point of even sharing women together. Now that is a faded memory. What he has done to this bright light is worse than any unforgivable curse.

She is broken. It will take more than the time we have to help her. I will make it a personal mission to make sure she isn't alone. At least i can physically be there. I know Tom told her about the diary set up. She will know we are there, and she has our little dear Letty. Needing relief myself, I excuse myself and head to Daphne's. We have always hooked up. She knows to keep quiet to Theo. She hates him for how he treated her in school. Yet again me picking up the pieces.

Ruby

Not letting go of Tom i cannot stop crying. He strokes my hair knowing it is one of my calming methods still. His attention to detail is phenomenal. I eventually calm down. I gaze to him with teary eyes and he wipes every single one off my face.

'Im sorry daddy. It's routine for me' i sniffle to talk words.

'Never be sorry little gem, we will work through this. So if being told is what you need then, you will not prepare a meal while you are here. You will not ask permission to speak or eat. You are free while you are under this roof' i take every word he says.

I get on my tippy toes to kiss him.