Mattheo

Going back to Draco's as i know Tom needs to calm Ruby down. We can speak freely as the girls are on a shopping spree thanks to Draco's unlimited credit card.

'How bad is it really Mat, that isn't the Ruby we all know and love!' He says while chugging back a vodka.

'Bad, Theo has completely lost it. The shit he does to calm her.. is just wrong. I mean we all have a kinky and adventurous side but fucking hell. That's purely for pleasure. What he does is basically rape!' I continue to explain what i have seen, what she wrote and what Tom fished from her head.

Tom took the liberty of projecting her memories into my head for the purpose of telling Draco. He muttered to me before taking Ruby upstairs. Draco took our word. I don't think he wanted to physically witness anything. Ruby was like a sister to him. Their mothers always close while they grew up.

'What the fuck are we going to do! She cannot stay there!' He is pacing the room.

'Keep an eye. If our presence is constant he cant or wont do anything. I will make the respite a monthly thing he trusts me, probably as i don't have a wife so he thinks it is just me alone with her. No offence.' I give a half smile.

He got what i meant as if he took her Astoria would never and i mean never allow her to leave. Ruby's family may have pull, but the Greengrass's have more. Probably not enough to convince her dickwad of a father mind. He just needs to die!

'Maybe we need to make him spiral. Make him think he is loosing control. Not with her but in general. Make everything go wrong. If he tasks her with something like cooking. When he goes to shower make shit happen there. There is no way he could blame her?' Draco suggests.

'Good thinking but he still would blame her. It needs to be something where he wont take it out on her. Hang on! You said you wanted to renovate this manor yes? Ask for you and Astoria to move in with him! He has more than enough room! He will have no choice but to take my offer of respite then. You pair being around takes away everything. He wont lay a hand on her knowing two sets of eyes are there!' He nods in agreement. Clink of glasses later we drink.

Moments after we clinked our glasses, the girls returned to the manor.

Astoria had barely finished apparating when she dropped her bags and ran into Draco's arms. He lowered his glass just in time to happily take her into his embrace.

"My love! You've returned to me as you vowed you would. No more leaving me, I simply cannot bare it." Draco instructed, kissing her passionately.
"It would be an easy command to obey, my King. I missed you deeply." She responded.

I'd gag at the love sickness of Astoria and Draco if my attention wasn't solely focused on Daphne. Daphne rolled her eyes playfully at the couple before moving her attention to me. She stayed rooted where she was, always unsure of how I wished for her to respond to me with all things considered. I trusted Draco and her sister to keep our confidence. The recent events of Ruby had made me desperate to safeguard Daphne's heart.

"Come, pretty girl." I urged, patting my lap.

She beamed and hurried over to me, as if I would change my mind if she took more than seconds.

I cupped her face in my hands and kissed her firmly. I leaned my forehead against hers.

"I missed you." I shared.
"Every second you're not there." She agreed.
"Have I ever hurt you?" I asked her.
"Of course not." She said placing a hand on my chest. "Why would you think that?"
"You're a precious thing, and I wouldn't ever want to." I expressed. "Will you tell me if I ever do?"
"Yes Mattheo, but you couldn't." She assured me.
"Anyone's capable of anything baby." I promised her, kissing her hand and feeling disgusted by the reality of that statement becoming all too apparent as of late.
"Do you love me?" She asked.
"I do love you. I'll start telling you more, so that you feel like you have to ask less." I promise her as I pull her to my chest.

I feel her body relax against my chest as she listens to my heartbeat. It still often catches me off guard that I, the son of the dark Lord, can have such an impact on somebody.

It's..... well, it's magic.

I play with her hair.

"I love you princess." I whisper.
"I love you too, Matty." She said.

I catch Draco's eye and I mouth a silent thank you.

*** authors note, my co writer wanted me to announce her finally! She came to me with this story idea but it soon became our baby! Shout out to ShanL1229!! ***