Chapter 16: Paul

Chris told me to head up to sixtieth floor. It felt dark and doom around here. I waited him over at the terrace and he approaches me.
   "Why are you having fun when you haven't tried it?" Chris said to me.
   "What do you mean?"
   "Here."
   He had the fishbowl in his hands, I didn't remember all of the things I wrote in. But here goes nothing:
   "Would you—"
   I looked at the paper if it's right.
   "Would you rather kill yourself with a gun, or hang yourself?"
   "Woah, dark."
   I knew it. Something doesn't feel right, ever since I got up here. I have been noticing that the fishbowl was missing and Chris must've been the one changing the papers. Could he have put this one in? Why, death? Why me?
   "Did you do this on purpose?"
   "What—didn't you made this?"
   "I never included death here."
   "What, as if Helen's task wasn't deadly."
   "That was different she had protection and—"
   "So you're dodging your own project. Are you even worthy?"
   "What the hell, I'm gonna die either way." I stared at the gun and chair beside me. "Did you fixed it up on purpose."
   "We're talking about accusing someone here. Now, that's not a very good start."
   "How are you gonna finish up the project?"
   "That is the problem I'm handing over to Gina."
   "Gina—what does she have to do here?"
   "I'm telling everyone you killed yourself and Gina will take over."
   I don't even know how to feel. I felt everything lost on me. It's night time, and the moon is being covered with the dark clouds. A star isn't showing up. But then, it comes down to the real question. Would you rather kill yourself with a gun or hang yourself?
   "If you want to do it this way, then I'll gladly do it," I say.
   I get the gun quickly and shoot over the wall to see if it's loaded. 
   "That hit it very quickly." Chris looked at the wall I just shot.
   I count to three, and Paul shot his head. A star suddenly, appeared over the sky. Shining brightly. Then there it was.