Chapter Seven 🥀

Paul, Embry and I sat on the couch and I looked at them thinking

Paul, Embry and I sat on the couch and I looked at them thinking. "Okay ask what's on your mind." Paul said and I opened my mouth but closed it. Embry turned his head too.

"What is going on?" I asked and Paul looked at me confused.

"What do you mean?" Paul asked, glancing at Embry who looked back.

"Alice saw a vision of something and Edward wanted Bella out of here." I continued and Paul sighed. They exchanged glances again.

"That red headed vampire is after Bella and is here." Embry explained and leaned back on the couch.

"I know it that bastard Edgar was hiding something." I muttered and Embry laughed little.

"Are those disappearances connected to that?" I asked and Paul took me in his arms.

"We protect you and your dad from that redhead, but Bella is who she's after." Paul explained and I nodded.

Paul moved and Embry turned to face the door. "Charlie arrived." Embry said and Paul stood up.

"Dad knows you always sneak out the back door when he gets home." I said looking at Paul who turned to look at me wide eyed. Embry burst out laughing and soon the door opened. Dad stopped at the door and looked at Embry and Paul in turn and then I heard him sigh deeply.

"Hello Chief Swan." Paul greeted and held out his hand. Dad looked at him with a raised eyebrow and then glanced at me.

"I'm Paul Lahote." He said and dad was glancing at him while taking his hand.

"Paul huh? Is this some kind of official meeting?" Dad asked, turning to look at me.

"I thought you said yesterday that there's no boyfriend." He continued and I shook my head. "Dad, they are my friends."

Paul smiled and Embry soon walked beside me. "So you're Embry then?" He asked and Embry nodded.

                        _______________

After questioning, Paul and Embry left and I went upstairs. I looked for a change of clothes. I took my towel and went into the shower to wash my hair. After drying myself, I threw my dirty clothes in the laundry basket and stepped back into my room. I stood in front of my bed drying my hair.

I slowly looked up.

I turned around and jumped back. Never in my life would I have thought to see Alec fucking Volturi standing in my fucking room in Forks. He was dressed in a black high-necked shirt, black pants, and was wearing a black cloak. He stared at me with his red eyes and I stared back in shocked.

Without breaking eye contact, I sat quietly on my bed. "What are you doing here?" I asked looking as he walked closer to the end of my bed.

He walked over to my dresser looking at the photos I had hanging on the wall. He took one of childhood photo of me and Bella in his hand. "I was curious." He answered.

I got up, hanging my towel on the closet door. When I turned around Alec was standing in front of me. I flinched a little and took a step back. He took a step, packing me against the wall at the same time.

"Why are you going further?" He asked looking into my eyes.

"Because you came too close." I answered without thinking and he tilted his head. He leaned on closer to my face and just as our noses almost touched, he moved to the side, nuzzling my ear and neck with his nose. I swallowed carefully because why is he here is he going to change me or kidnap me?

"Your heartbeat quickened." He murmured softly as he trailed his nose along my neck, sending chills through my body.

"Because you are intimidating near my neck." I whispered and he pulled away, looking me in the eyes.

"You let that dog be near you and sleeping in the same bed with you." He said and walked away.

"What?" I asked out loud and he turned to look at me.

"You're my mate, I told you I'm curious." He said and when I blinked he was gone.

I was still frozen in place, has he been here the whole time and for how long?

                          _____________

I was sitting on my bed drawing and suddenly Edward opened my door.

"Hey! Knock! Get out Edgar!" I exclaimed and Edward looked around.

"What is happening?" Bella asked in confusion as she entered my room.

"Was Alec here?" Edward asked, raising an eyebrow at me. "What?" Bella asked looking at us and I stared at Edward.

"Yes he came to see me." I said and Bella's eyes widen.

"Wow What? What did he want?" Bella asked and Edward looked down the hall.

"Someone else has been here too." He said and I watched as they left.

The next day Jacob and Paul were at our house and came out. I looked down because I knew Paul was angry.

"Yep, they both left their smells behind." Jacob commented stepping out.

"Let's chase both of them then." Paul muttered avoiding eye contact.

"We don't want you to take care of anything or anyone. Or chase anyone." Edward started and Jacob stared at him.

"We don't care one bit about your needs." Jacob said and Paul raised his hand to his chest.

"That's enough, we're done." Edward said and Jacob stepped closer.

"You might be done."

"Hey stop!" I yelled and pushed them apart Bella stepped next to me. "I'm tired of this, from now on I'm Switzerland okay." She said and I stepped away waving my arms in the air.

Alec was not seen again in the following days because the wolves and the Cullens were watching our house, Paul soon calmed down and slept with me at nights. He took me to Emily's and we ate together with the others. Not to mention Jacob hanging out with Bella.

"There's a party tonight, we'll go there if it's okay?" Paul asked looking at me and I raised an eyebrow.

"Of course she's coming." Jared said with a mouth full of food and Emily slapped him on the shoulder.

"Jacob brings your sister too." Embry said next to me and I nodded.

"That sounds nice." I answered.

I twirled my necklace and Paul turned to look at me, noticing that something was weighing on my mind.

"Paul, I want to talk." I said and he nodded and led me out. We walked in the yard and I stopped to look at him. "You know that Alec Volturi is my mate and that I will be turned into a vampire." I said and he nodded knowing where this conversation was going to lead.

"I know Rory, and I'll stick with us as long as possible." He said taking my hands.

"What if I become a vampire? You'll hate me." I said and he quietly looked down.

"I could never hate you." He said quietly and I smiled a little.

"Alec is going to drag me to Italy and if you're in the way he'll kill you, he...he's one of those witch twins and he can take out the senses in an instant with his gift. They're red-eyed monsters that drink from humans...I don't want that." I said quietly feeling a tear fall from my eye. Paul's expression softened and he raised his hand to wipe away my tears.

He kissed me and rested his head on mine. "I will protect you from everything until my heart beats its last beat." He said and kissed me again.

"I'm falling in love with you Aurora Swan." He said quietly and I looked into his eyes.

"I understand if you still don't feel the same, but you know how I feel now." He said leaning closer.