Chapter Ten🥀

As a surprise, Paul was avoiding me now a two weeks, Alice was downstairs talking to dad about Bella coming with her to them

As a surprise, Paul was avoiding me now a two weeks, Alice was downstairs talking to dad about Bella coming with her to them. I had lied to Alice that Embry and Paul would be with me in the evening so that I wouldn't be alone in the house when dad goes fishing.

I went to the kitchen in the middle of dad's and Bella's conversation. "Dad, I've been thinking, why didn't you get re-married, after mom?" Bella asked and I stopped at the kitchen door. Dad sighed and shook his head in basic Charlie style.

"Uh, I don't know.. uh I guess I haven't met the right gal. Why?"

"I don't know. I thought you just maybe gave up on the whole institution of it, of marriage... But do you think theres any value in it?" Bella asked, I raised an eyebrow.

"Yep. Yeah, marriage has value... when your older, much older. Like your mother, uh, seemed to work out fine for her the second time around, later in life." Dad spoke and waved his hand. I walked over to get a glass and pushed my sister aside so I could get some water.

"Hold on, who's getting married?" I asked out loud and dad looked at me and Bella. Soon dad started to explain something and Bella and I slowly turned our heads towards him.

"I mean, you definitely don't want to have to get married cause your not... um careful."

"What?" Bella asked and I looked, furrowing my brows.

"Your know what I'm talking about. Theres... things that you need to think about if your going to be... physically intimate..."

I almost choke on my water.

"Okay, don't have "the talk", please." Bella spoke quickly and I stared my mouth opened.

"It's just as embarrassing for me as it is for you." Dad spoke. "Stop that please dad." I said to him and he looked Bella.

"I doubt that. And don't bother, cause mom bet you to it like ten years ago." Bella said and I nodded.

"Well Bella, you didn't have a boyfriend ten years ago."

"I'm sure things work the same way."

"Alright, so, you guys are taking precaution?"

"Okay, dad, please just don't worry about... that. Edward is... old school."

I snorted out aloud.

"Old school, great. What's that, like a code for something?"

"Oh my God, dad, I'm a virgin!" Bella shouted and I watched her with my eyes wide.

"Oh, okay... glad we covered that."

Bella runs up stairs and shouted "Me too!"

"Virgin... I'm liking Edward a little more now." Dad spoke and I looked at him.

Dad looked at me and was about to open his mouth. Nope. "I don't need 'the talk' Please." I said raising my hand and disappearing after Bella upstairs.