Chapter Eleven🥀

I woke up in the morning from an empty bed, I looked next to me where Alec was and he was gone

I woke up in the morning from an empty bed, I looked next to me where Alec was and he was gone. No, I don't like him, but still something felt in my heart when I thought that he had left before I woke up.

I threw my feet to the other side of the bed, hitting my toes on the cold floor, cold shivers running through my body. Slowly getting up, I changed my clothes and went downstairs.

I felt lonely in the house, dad was supposed to come back but he had left a message that he was gone for another day. Bella is with the Cullens and today she goes to the camping with Edward while the rest of them fight the newborns tomorrow

Jacob, Embry and Paul are also in the fighting. I don't care about Paul, but Embry and Jacob are my friends. I stared at my phone and dialed Embry's number. I waited with bated breath and after a couple of seconds he answered.

"Hey Rory. Are you okay?" Embry's voice came from the other end and a smile came to my lips.

"Well, I wouldn't say it would be, dad is gone for another day and I'm alone in the house... Embry..." I sighed deeply before asking the next question.

"Did you know?" I asked and Embry was quiet for a moment. "Did I know what?" He asked confused and I stared out the window. "Why didn't anyone tell me Paul imprinted Jacob's sister?" I cleared my mouth and heard Embry quiet down.

"He did what? Wait a minute, I'll go away from the house." Embry grumbled out loud and I furrowed my brows. After a moment he spoke again.

"Hey Rory I'm coming to you, I still have time before Sam wants everyone together, you know talk about tomorrow." Embry explained and I heard him running. "Okay, I'll cook for us." I answered and hung up.

I put the pasta to boil and made the sauce. It wasn't long before there was a knock on the door and I hurried to open the door. "Hey, the food is almost ready. You must be hungry, as if I should ask." I chuckled and Embry smiled. We walked into the kitchen and I started putting food on the table.

"First of all I have to clarify myself, I didn't know anything about Paul and did you say Jacob's sister?" Embry soon spoke looking me in the eyes. "Rachel." I answered as I started to eat. Embry stared in confusion and his expression clearly said that he didn't know about it.

"You really didn't know?" I said and Embry looked up. "Did Paul tell you about the imprinting?' Embry asked and I shook my head.

"Paul has been avoiding me for two weeks and yesterday I found out that he imprinted on Rachel Black and has been avoiding me." I explained and Embry had already eaten almost the entire plate.

"Who told you?" Embry asked and I spun my fork on my plate. "It doesn't matter, but does Jacob know?" I asked and Embry looked thoughtful. "Honestly, I think he knows, I haven't been patrolling with Paul, Sam or Jacob. More than a week ago, the relationship between Paul and Jacob got strained and Seth and Quil and I thought it was caused by something very basic."

I looked from my plate and looked up into Embry's eyes who was deep in thought.

"Soon Sam started to be tense too and the three of them were arguing, Jared told us it was just some small thing. But if this is the reason to explain Sam's tension because, before Emily, Sam was engaged to Leah. Then he phased and imprinted on Emily." Embry explained and I lowered my eyes.

"Oh."

"When a shapeshifter imprints on a girl or woman, he becomes unconditionally bound to her for the rest of his life. You become whatever she needs you to be, whether that's a protector, a lover, or a friend, brother maybe sister. It's kind of finding a soulmate." Embry explained and that hurt me like a hell.

"Leah is going to kill Paul, when she hears about this." Embry mumbled and I looked up into his eyes again. "Have you found..?" I asked looking at him and he shook his head.

"I think the rest of us don't know about this because of the Sam and Leah thing. Sam must be mad because he wants Paul to handle this right, but if he's been avoiding you and not telling you." Embry said and I cut him off.

"He's really a coward, I'm hurt because he couldn't tell and leave me, he avoids and I hear this from other places." I spoke and took a deep breath, shaking my head.

"Why did he ever say he was in love with me if he knew he was going to find his soulmate and leave me." I mumbled out loud and saw Embry's eyes darken. "I'm going to kill him." Embry said but soon took my hand, leading us to the couch.

"I'm sorry, I'll try to figure things out, but not until tomorrow is over. I'll find out why Jacob hasn't talked to you or Paul hasn't in two weeks. Remember this I'll always be there for you, you're my friend." Embry spoke and I smiled at him. "If I had known about it, I would have dragged Paul to tell or told myself." He continued and I nodded.

So were you going to tell me about your guest huh?" Embry asked laughing changing the subject and I looked at him questioningly. "What are you talking about?" I asked and Embry laughed out loud.

"I'm a shapeshifter, I can smell that someone other than Cullen has been in the house, the smell is strong. So he's been here recently." Embry laughed and I closed my eyes blushing.

"Yeah it was that Alec Volturi. He appeared again out of nowhere and..." I said uncertainly but decided to explain anyway. "He and his sister Jane told me about Paul. I don't know how they found out." I explained and Embry nodded. "Interesting."

"Do you have a crush on that evil vampire because your heart is racing when you explained about him." Embry teased and I rolled my eyes at him. "Shut up!"

"No, he's a monster and I don't want to be with him or changed into a vampire." I explained and Embry nodded.

"That must be horrible, he's like the beast and your that beauty." Embry said and I snorted so loud that Embry turned to look at me. "You didn't just say that!" I laughed so hard that my stomach began to hurt.

"What?!"

"Did you watch the movie or how you know about it?" I laughed now tears falling in my eyes and Embry scratched his neck. "Yeah, beauty and the beast, it's my favorite."