Chapter Eighteen🥀

"How was your date with Alec?" Felix grinned as he sped up next to me and I rolled my eyes

"How was your date with Alec?" Felix grinned as he sped up next to me and I rolled my eyes. "It wasn't a date." I answered and felt a breeze on my left side as Demetri sped up next to us.

"Yeah of course." He said with a grin and I rolled my eyes again, trying to pick up the pace and failing. "Where are you in a hurry?" Felix asked and they walked beside me. "To the library."

"I didn't know you like to read." Felix commented and Demetri smirked. "Good, there you can tell us about your date with Alec." Demetri said and I sighed out loud. "You're not going to give up until I tell you everything?" I watched as they responded at the same time and I gave a small chuckle while shaking my head.

Demetri opened the doors of the huge library and I walked in, sitting on the couch, watching them quickly sit around me.

"So?" Felix said. "So?" I repeated his words and Demetri pouted next to me. "Don't be like that, tell us."

"Alright, he took me on a picnic first, it was great, we went down a bit and the scenery was very pretty." I started to tell and remembered yesterday with a small smile on my face. "We talked and I couldn't guess that he is really that old and then he took me to a high place where you can see the city." I explained to them and came back from my thoughts to reality only to see Felix and Demetri grinning widely at me.

"You are blushing." Demetri said with a huge grin on his face. "Alec is a true gentleman." Felix said and Demetri nodded. "I never would have thought that devil was a romantic." Demetri continued and I squeezed my eyebrows together. "Yea, it's about time you came here, Alec is starting to soften finally."

"No more threats." Felix said and Demetri turned to face him. "No more threats and no more taking senses away." I watched them clapping their hands together in the air happily.

"What does that mean?" I asked curiously looking at the two who turned to look at me. Felix scratched his neck and glanced at Demetri who seemed to be thinking about his words. "Avresti dovuto tenere la bocca chiusa."

"I'm sure you've heard all kinds of things about us Volturi from those Cullens." Felix spoke looking at the floor and Demetri leaned on the table next to us. "So you definitely know talks about twins."

"Alice and Edward shared something." I answered and Demetri nodded slightly before opening his mouth. "They're pretty mean and don't like anyone. Felix and I have been the target of their gifts many times." He explained and I raised an eyebrow in surprise. "Oh, I didn't know."

"What is Alec's gift?" I asked thoughtfully, I saw Jane's gift when she used it on Edward but what about Alec.

"It's horrible." Felix threw and sat down in an armchair at the same time. "Alec has the gift of sensory deprivation. He can completely cut off all senses of multiple targets." Demetri said and I looked surprised.

"Mist that meets you unexpectedly, you feel nothing, see nothing, all your senses are gone. You are in the middle of darkness and alone it is more horrible than death."

I felt chills running through my body as Demetri explained Alec's feared gift. "Jane's gift didn't work on me or Bella, but what about Alec?" I asked thoughtfully, Demetri and Felix snapped from their thoughts to reality.

"You and your sister are shields of sorts, I haven't met anyone with the same gift, but assuming Jane and Aro's gift didn't work on you, I think the shield protects against Alec's gift too."

"So I'm just protecting myself by being a shield." I said out loud and Demetri walked closer. "Gifts can be trained, I think your shield can protect others too. Like Alec's gift, I think with practice you can extend it to others." He explained and I nodded understanding.

"You can practice it properly since you've changed, as a human  it's already visible because if I'm not wrong, that Cullen can't read your mind, and neither can Aro, Jane's ability doesn't work on you either." Felix spoke from our side and I turned my head.

"Why can't Alice see my future anymore? She could still see it when I got here." I asked, pressing my lips together and the silence carried over to the library.

"She can't see your future?" Felix asked after a moment of silence, surprised. "Last time when she couldn't see it anymore I jumped off the cliff, but Embry made it in time." I spoke in a quieter voice and Demetri pressed his brows together thoughtfully. "Maybe something is blocking it."

"Am I going to die before I change?" I asked out loud and saw how Demetri and Felix froze. "No, no, we don't think it's that, maybe it's just something else."

"You could ask Marcus or Caius." Felix said and Demetri nodded. "They're smart, they might know something."

"Really? That blond hair guy that looks like he could eat me? Yeah no." I answered quickly, remembering the Caius, he always had an angry look on his face and from what I heard, he doesn't tolerate humans or wolves.

"He's not that bad." Felix said and Demetri gave him a look. "He is." Felix shrugged his shoulders and Demetri smiled a little. He walked over to me, putting his hand on my shoulder. "I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. As Alec's mate, he won't let anything happen to you." He said comfortingly and I nodded with a small smile. "I hope so."

"Let's finally do something fun." Felix commented standing up and Demetri turned his gaze back to me. "What does our little human want to do?" He asked and I smiled widely. "I want to see the city." I answered and Felix clapped his hands together. "Alright then, let's go on a tourist tour."

"Perhaps we can help Heidi at the same time by asking tourists to come to the castle." Demetri licked his lips and Felix grinned.

Demetri and Felix went to lead me out of the library, but I felt a small feeling deep down somewhere that something was going to happen during the summer.