Chapter Nineteen🥀

After spending the morning with Felix and Demetri looking at the city, my legs were affected by a long walk

After spending the morning with Felix and Demetri looking at the city, my legs were affected by a long walk. Soon they brought me back to the castle and went to eat the humans Heidi caught.

I walked down the hall looking for the right direction until a light haired woman walked up to me. "Hey excuse me." I said and she stopped to look me over. Her red eyes narrowed slightly and I raised an eyebrow questioningly before she stepped forward.

"And what human do in the castle corridors alone?" She spoke raising her head higher and I saw how her eyes darkened. Before I could speak she opened her mouth again and I stepped back. "I think you're in the wrong place, you should be on the throne room and not wandering around here, I think you're a little lost." She said and I saw how she looked at me like a predator chasing its prey.

I closed my eyes for a moment and nothing happened, after opening them again I saw a woman writhing on the ground and a familiar voice came from behind me. "Leave her alone." Jane walked next to me, squinting her eyes at the woman crying on the ground. "Next time you'll face worse than pain." She continued to finish and the blond haired woman quickly got up from the ground looking wide eyed as Jane stared blankly.

"Why is there a human wandering around..." She spoke but Jane raised her hand. "Silence. She's Alec's mate and if you approach her again I'm sure Alec will make you suffer. Now leave."

I watched as the woman quickly sped away and Jane turned to look at me. "Did she touch you?" She asked, eyeing me from head to toe for any visible marks. I shaked my head and Jane nodded.

Jane was about to walk away before I stopped her. "Could you help me find Caius?" I asked and Jane quickly stopped in place, tilting her head to the side. "Why do you want to find Master Caius?" She asked turning around and I nervously twirling the ring on my finger.

"I'd like to talk to him, Demetri and Felix said that he or Marcus could help me with one thing." I explained and Jane stood there staring. "You know Caius can't stand you humans?" She asked stepping closer and I gave a small nod before she started walking past me. "Alright then, follow me."

I followed Jane on her way to the other side of the castle and soon we stopped at the doors where Jane knocked before opening them. "Master Caius, there is someone here who wishes to see you." She spoke and I heard Caius answered but I couldn't make out what he said. Jane turned to look at me and motioned for me to step inside. Nervously I entered the spacious room and Jane closed the doors behind me.

I looked around at the room that surrounded me with many paintings on the walls, they were paintings of women and in one painting there was Aro, Marcus and Caius. My eyes wandered ahead to a room with a huge fireplace, probably for decoration, I thought.

"Are you going to stand there or did you have something?" I flinched back as a voice came from the other side of the room, Caius was standing in the doorway looking at me with a disgusted look on his face. Yep he really can't stand me.

I cleared my throat nervously and stepped forward cautiously. "Demetri and Felix told me that you could help me with one thing." I explained walking to the middle of the room and Caius lowered his hand on the door frame walking into the room.

"And what is this thing?" He spoke walking over to the chair sitting down and I walked over to the table. "You know Alice's gift." I started and Caius eyed me intently with his bright red eyes. I felt nervous under his gaze, he didn't like me or Bella in the first place. He could kill me at any moment.

I saw Caius roll his eyes and sigh. "Sit down human, I can hear your heart pounding in your chest. I have no time to waste, my paintings are waiting." He spoke with that same angry look on his face.

"You paint?" I asked surprised and Caius raised an eyebrow. "I like drawing, I always draw in my notebook when I'm nervous or bored. I get ideas from things I've seen. I made one drawing of the throne room." I started to speak and saw how Caius's expression became more curious. "There's you, Marcus and Aro and the twins standing next to you." I explained feeling my nervousness subside and Caius nodded at me. "Yes I like to paint and I have painted almost everything here in the castle." He explained and I smiled a little. "I like them they are great."

"Perhaps one day I could want to see your drawings, but what did you want to talk about, Alice's gift?" He said and I nodded quickly going back to my point of why I'm here.

"When I arrived here weeks ago, Alice could still see my future, but my sister told me that Alice can no longer see it."

"Like something's blocking it?" Caius asked and I nodded slightly. "The last time she couldn't see it anymore, I jumped off the cliff into the water, but my friend was in time to save me."

"When we first heard about the seer, I found out about things." Caius began to explain and I nodded as I listened.

"If you make decisions quickly, she won't have time to see them and the future can always change." Caius explained and I leaned on my hand staring at the table. "In my long life, I have never heard of two gifts that are exactly the same, so it could be possible that your shield is somehow protecting you from Alice's gift or something else."

I looked up from the table to his eyes, which were looking at me thoughtfully. "Did she see how exactly your future was in the town of Forks? Did she see Alec coming to you and taking you away?"

He's right, Alice couldn't see Bella's future because Jacob. Maybe she didn't see mine because of Paul and Embry, but there are no shapeshifters here...

"Or something in you.. shields well enough that the seer can't see anything, maybe your shield is interesting, but we can see it better when you change." Caius explained and I widened my eyes getting up. "I can't say more, but I can find out." Caius spoke.

"Thank you, this was a lot of help, maybe I've just been afraid for that I'll die during the summer, but maybe something in me really was blocking it." I said and started to approach the door with quick steps.

I walked to the door and closed it behind me with a small sigh, I started walking back towards my room until I'd run into something. "Oh I'm sorry." I said looking up and his dark red eyes stared at me questioningly.

"I've been looking all over for you after talking to Jane."