Chapter Eight 🥀

In the evening, we sat with Paul by the campfire and I watched him devour the food

In the evening, we sat with Paul by the campfire and I watched him devour the food. "Come on Paul, save a little for the others." I whispered with a chuckle and he rolled his eyes but smiled.

"Are you going to eat that?" He pointed to my plate and I handed it to him. I've never seen anyone so happy eating food. I looked up to see Jacob arriving with Bella. I waved to my sister who walked over to sit next to me, Paul pulled me into his arms so that Jacob could fit next to Bella. Billy began to tell legends about their ancestors and cold ones.

Everyone stared silently forward listening and Bella and I curious because we were hearing these for the first time.

                           ____________

"Alice is having a graduation party and they're forcing me to go there, will you come with me?" I asked looking at Paul as he lay next to me on my bed.

"To the Cullens' house?" Paul asked and I nodded. "I won't step in there and I wouldn't want you to either." Paul spoke and I got up on my hands. "Why? Please." I made a puppy face and he smiled.

"Maybe if you can persuade well enough, then yes." He said with a wink in his eye. I approached him and connected our lips. A soft kiss soon turned into a make out session, which ended in a short one. Paul pulled away. "Your dad is coming towards the door." Paul said jumping up and there was a knock on the door.

"Rory?" Dad asked and I opened the door a little. "What was that noise he looked and pushed open the door. I looked with wide eyes at the window which was open. "Umm I just aired the room." I tried to explain and dad raised his eyebrows. "I see."

"Jacob is waiting for you outside." Dad told me and I looked him before I rush outside of the house.

I took my coat and opened the front door. Jacob leaned back on his bike and looked down at his feet. I walked towards my childhood friend and I knew what was on his mind. "Hey Jake." I said and he looked up with a smile on his face.

"Hey Rory." He said and stepped closer to hug me. I wrapped my arms around his waist and sighed.

"Shall we go for a drive?" He asked with a grin as he let go.

"If I can drive." I replied grinning back and Jake rolled his eyes. "I'm definitely not sitting in the back, let's go get another bike." Jacob said jumping on the bike and pointing me to the empty seat behind him. He held out his helmet and I put it on, placing myself on top of the bike.

Jacob drove over to his house and brought another bike from the garage with him. I jumped on the bike and we raced down the roads. We went for a ride on the forest roads and the beach road. These were the moments I enjoyed in life.

But something still twisted my heart, something that was missing from my life, but I knew that I had everything in my life what I need. I have my family, Paul, Embry and Jacob.

We soon arrived at Emily's place and left the bikes in the yard. We walked with Jacob laughing and I could see from his expression that something was still weighing on his mind. Jake's eyes were dark and his face was expressionless.

"Is it about Bella?" I asked and Jacob stopped, eyeing the glass doors and the wolf pack inside. "Yes, I mean yeah you know." Jacob replied and I pursed my lips.

"You want my honest opinion?" I asked and Jake nodded looking into my eyes intently, a small gesture of hope showing in his eyes and I smiled in my mind.

"I don't like the Cullens, they're creepy, knowing they're vampires." I started and leaned against the tree next to me. Jacob found a seat next to me and he clearly wanted to listen because not once did he look away.

"Bella wants to be a vampire very much, that's the difference between us. This is easier for Bella than me." I laughed out loud, shaking my head.

"Honestly you would give Bella a lot more than Edward, I think. Children, warmth, growing old together." I said towards the end almost whispering and staring at my hands.

"Charlie, Mom and you, you're going to lose Bella." I continued and Jacob took my hand.

"Besides Bella, I'm going to lose you too." Jacob said looking at our hands.

"She loves Edward and is ready to lose us." I said and Jacob nodded.

"I told Bella the same thing that I can give her more. But how do you take all this... that Alec guy?" Jacob spoke and looked towards me.

"This is hard. I'm the mate of someone Alec Volturi who is a vampire and scary witch twin. I still have a year of school left, but is Alec gonna wait that? He can come pick me up any second. I don't want to be a vampire, and not with someone like that I've been told. Dad's going to lose both of his daughters." I explained and Jacob sighed looking at the lawn with beautiful flowers.

"And I know I'm gonna lose Paul too."

"Yo look who's here!" Jared's voice was heard and Embry ran after him.

Jacob stepped away and I straightened up watching as Jared, Embry and the others ran out of the house. Jared and Embry hugged me and my eyes landed on Paul who was leaning against the door. I smiled at him and he smiled back a little.

"Seth." I said and he threw himself at me, hugging me tightly. "Hey Rory, I've missed you." He spoke muttering into my hair and I laughed looking at Leah who was smiling at us.

"Hey sleeping beauty." She greeted and I nodded with Seth still in my arms.

"Are you hungry, the others ate but I saved the food for you." Emily yelled from the door and Jacob looked at me and I nodded at him. I walked towards the door and tried to kiss Paul but he just gave me quick kiss on the cheek. I pinched my brows together in confusion, but he smiled at me running after the others.

Seth followed me and Jacob inside and we sat down at the table. "Has that scary evil vampire been in your room again?" Seth asked aloud and Emily turned to look at me as well. Jacob laughed and I shaked my head before answering.

"Fortunately, he hasn't been seen, Paul has been with me quite a lot, I think that's the reason." I answered and Jacob chuckled.

"Hope he stays away, we don't need any red-eyed monsters here. Cullens are enough." Jake commented and I smiled a little.

"They don't look so creepy with golden eyes." Seth commented.

So what do you think of this story? Please tell me, I want to hear your opinion. 🥰