Chapter Fifteen🥀

Aro clapped his hands together with a big smile on his face and cold shivers ran through my body because the situation was all too familiar, it reminds me the mission saving Edgar's ass

Aro clapped his hands together with a big smile on his face and cold shivers ran through my body because the situation was all too familiar, it reminds me the mission saving Edgar's ass. "Aurora Swan, lovely to see you again." He spoke and I walked closer to him.

"You must be surprised that you are back here so quickly." He spoke watching my steps and motioned me to sit on the chair.

"Please sit down dear."

I walked over to the chair and sat down looking at the room which was dark and gloomy. There have a few tables and a bookshelf with many books, the window was really small and only a little light came in. The walls were decorated with torches that brought light into the room.

I turned my eyes back to Aro who was already staring at me. "Yeah, I'm a little confused, because I still have a year left of school." I started but Aro interrupted me. "I understand, but what you did required Alec to act quickly." He said and turned around putting his hands behind his back.

"I've read Alec's mind and seen everything that happened in Forks, but since I can't read yours I'd like to hear your side of story." Aro explained and turned back to look at me.

I swallowed nervously. "You can start when you're ready." I watched as a wide eerily smile grow on his face.

"I was with one guy...who cheated on me and I decided to jump off a cliff because I can't take this. I don't want to change. I know about your laws, Carlisle explained everything but I thought I even had time until the end of school." I explained and Aro stared at me and stood up.

"Carlisle got in touch and he begged you to come back because of high school and your father. The Cullens have already broken the law anyway Bella and then you...but what Alice showed me then." Aro started and I looked up at him.

"We made a deal, you'll spend the summer here and get to know your mate and then you'll go finish school in Forks and Alec will change you." He spoke and I looked shocked at first.

"Alec would have liked to change you right away. He was of the opinion that you can't be left alone in Forks anymore, but he promised to wait until you graduate high school." He continued to explain and stopped in front of me.

"He won't change me until I finish school." I repeated Aro's words and he nodded. "Now that we agree you can leave but, there are rules here. You are not allowed to leave the castle unsupervised, Demetri, Felix or Alec will accompany you." He said and the doors behind opened to reveal Alec.

"Ah Alec, we talked things over with your little mate and came to an agreement."

Alec walked in glancing at me before stopping next to a chair looking at Aro. "Yes master." He answered and Aro looked thoughtful. I stood up and Alec motioned me to come with him.

"Remember Alec, brace yourself, she won't be changed until she finishes high school in Forks." Aro's voice was heard behind us and I looked Alec who nodded his head to Aro.

I walked behind Alec looking at his back, after we left Aro's he didn't say a word. "Will you take me back to my room and i'm not seeing anyone again for two weeks?" I asked bravely and he quickly stopped and I almost ran into him. Oh uh.

He slowly turned around and glared at me, his face had a blank expression and his eyes weren't bright red like Demetri and Felix had. They were black as the darkness of night.

"After your trick you deserved it." He spoke and the tone of his voice was not the same as I remembered it being when he curiously came to see me in Forks. It was emotionless and gloomy, as if he was no longer interested in anything.

I swallowed carefully under his close gaze and stared into his eyes.

"There was a perfectly good reason for my trick." I said back and Alec tightened his jaw and turned around to keep going.

I stood still and Alec soon stopped walking. "Keep walking." He said and I shook my head. "I'm here because you dragged me here, now I have to be here all summer and I'm definitely not going to spend it in the room." I said and felt a breeze in front of me and Alec standing frighteningly close.

"Listen you little human…" Alec started and I cut him off causing him to raise an eyebrow.

"I'm not going to be a prisoner here, Carlisle told me all about mate bond and I know how you feel, if you don't want it to get worse…" Alec sped me to the wall and put his hand on my neck which made me gasp for oxygen.

"You don't know anything. If you do, you know how I felt. You were with that dog, and you tried to kill yourself." He spoke and loosened his grip on my neck.

"It made me think about things, if I changed you right away.." He whispered in my ear and moved his head to my neck where my pulse was beating like crazy. I felt his fangs on the skin of my neck and I started to panic. "No, please don't, don't..you can't... I'm..." I whispered feeling tear falling from my eye.

"Alec." A man's voice was heard and Alec pulled away and gave me one last glance before disappearing. I took a deep breath and raised my hand to my neck, where his hand was.

I looked at the man who was now standing closer, he had dark hair like Aro but his expression was sad and no emotions showed. Now I remember him. Marcus.

“I apologize for Alec's behavior, he is little confused." He spoke and I glanced at him.

"Why is he like that?" I asked confused and Marcus motioned for me to follow him. "Come on, let's go for a little walk." He said and I began to walk.

We walked in silence for a while before Marcus spoke again. "Alec and Jane are withdrawn, they don't show their feelings or really talk to anyone." He started to explain and I nodded to show that I was listening.

"This whole soulmate thing is new to Alec, he's never loved anyone but his sister. The bond between two mates is completely different, especially since he's a vampire, the emotions are higher." He explained and I nodded. "Yeah Carlisle told me about that."

Marcus glanced at me before continuing to speak. "The twins have had a rough childhood and it wasn't easy for them to change."

"How they changed?" I asked and Marcus stopped and smiled at me.

"It's not for me to tell, but try to understand Alec, you're his soul mate and he saw you almost die and it's not easy. Give him a chance and get to know him, he's not as bad as the Cullens have told you." He spoke and I looked at my shoes that moment.

"Perhaps, after all he told me Paul cheated on me and he didn't leave me alone even though he had the chance." I spoke quietly remembering that night. I looked up and Marcus smiled putting his hand on my shoulder. "You see, the little things go a long way."