Chapter One 🥀

I dragged my suitcase behind me, leaving the Washington airport behind

I dragged my suitcase behind me, leaving the Washington airport behind. I put on a jacket, the city of Forks is knowingly rainy and cold, especially at this time of the year. I stepped out airport and looked around.

A gray cloud curtain covered the sky and the wind was cold, a small drop of rain fell on the road which was already dark in color and I put a hood over my head.

I glanced at the parking lot and the street and smiled a little when I saw a police car pull up to the side of the road and stop. I laughed a little out loud and started walking towards the car from which a dark-haired man in a police uniform got out.

"What could be more impressive than coming to town in a police car." I said laughing out loud and Charlie aka my dad looked at me with a smile. I'm pretty sure I can see the little tears of happiness in his eyes.

"Rory." He started and walked over to me for a hug. "My little angel, thank you for coming, it's nice to see you after a long time." Charlie spoke and I rested my head on his shoulder. "Sure, when you called I arranged things with mom and I'll start high school here, she'll bring the rest of my things later." I explained and my dad took my suitcase and put it in the trunk.

I got in the car and dad followed and started driving towards Forks. We were in a comfortable silence until I looked at him. He looked clearly tired.

"How are you?" I asked looking ahead and Charlie sighed.

"Everything is going well, I'm just so tired of Bella, but she refuses to go to her mother's place." Charlie explained and I nod. "Does she still move anywhere from her room?" I asked and dad sighed. "No, I don't understand what was so clingy about that Cullen, they weren't even together for long." Dad said and I looked at him.

"What was that Edgar like?" I asked and dad sighed aloud. " That Edgar is some adopted son of that doctor Cullen, pale skinned and creepy eyes. I met him once or twice." He explained and I hummed aloud.

"So I guess you don't have a boyfriend since you're moving here?" Dad asked and I rolled my eyes knowing what he was implying.

"No dad. I've had enough of mens." I answered and he raised an eyebrow.

"That's great news." He said with a twinkle in his eye and I smiled a little.

"So." I started with a grin on my face looking at my dad and he glanced sideways.

"So?" He asked and I moved my eyebrows.

"How's your love life?" I asked with a smile and dad laughed a little.

"There's no one, I'm a lonely bachelor." Dad replied and I pursed my lips. "Come on, I guess there's someone in Forks who wants to be a wife for you." I said and he shaked his head.

"I'm comfortable on my own." Charlie explained and I watched when we arrived in Forks. People walked the streets with umbrellas in their hands.

"Are there ever sunny days here?" I asked looking out the window and dad laughed. "I hope you left your bikini and other summer clothes with your mother's house, here you don't need them." He laughed out loud this time and a smile grew on my face.

We soon arrived in front of a small house that I remember. I looked at the orange pickup truck parked on the side of the road. "I bought that for Bella, if you need a car you can share it." Charlie explained and I got out of the car. He took my suitcase from the trunk and I walked inside following him.

The house was small inside but cozy. "Your room looks the same as it did four years ago, as you remember we unfortunately have to share a bathroom. " He said putting my suitcase by the stairs. I took off my jacket and saw a head at the top of the stairs.

"Rory?" Bella's voice was heard and she came downstairs.

"Oh my gosh!" She said and we hugged.

Dad leaned against the door opening and looked at us. "If I had known Rory would get you out of your room I would have brought her earlier." He spoke and took the beer in his hand walking to the couch.

"Come on, you get to tell everything." I said taking my suitcase and walking upstairs. Bella soon followed and walked into the bathroom to make room for my things. I entered a room with gray curtains and dark wallpaper. The bed had blue sheets and a couple of pillows. On top of the dresser were a couple of childhood photos of me and Bella.

The last time I went here was when I was 13 years old and I looked at the boy band posters on the wall. I laughed out loud and put my suitcase on my bed.

I put my clothes and things away and Bella was leaning on the door of my room watching. "I made room in the bathroom." She said and I looked at how pale her face was. Clearly she hasn't left the house or slept much.

"So that Edgar just left and left you in the middle of the woods?" I asked sitting on the chair and Bella walked over to the bed and sat down. "Edward, and they had to leave." Bella explained looking at her hands and I raised an eyebrow.

"And he just suddenly decided to leave you and didn't give any warns?" I asked confused and Bella nodded. "It is complicated." She replied and I furrowed my eyebrows.

I can usually sense when someone is lying and there is something weird about this, but I let it go and clapped my hands together, startling Bella. "I don't think dad has cooked and neither have you, shall we order pizza?" I asked at the same time getting up and Bella smiled a little. We walked downstairs and I sat on the sofa next to dad.

"Shall we order pizza?" I asked and dad leaned forward taking the list from the coffee table. Ha fucking knew it.