Chapter Sixteen🥀

Another week passed and Alec was nowhere to be seen, the Italian sun was shining hot in the sky and the summer was really warm

Another week passed and Alec was nowhere to be seen, the Italian sun was shining hot in the sky and the summer was really warm. I missed Forks and its coolness a little. These sharp fangs must be comfortable here in the castle, do they feel any heat in those black cloaks and suits. I thought to myself, patting the grass with my hands and looking up at the sky, feeling the rays of the sun burn my face.

"Are you thirsty? I can hear your heart pounding loudly." Demetri's voice came from behind me and I watched him walk into the garden in his grey cloak. During the week I got to know more about Felix and Demetri, they have spent a lot of time with me and introduced the castle and told me things that I need to know.

"Yeah, this Tuscan sun is pretty warm." I replied putting my hand over my eyes to see Demetri better. He crouched down next to me and handed me a bottle of water, which I gratefully took. My first impression when I entered the castle with Bella and Alice to rescue Edgar was not good.

Demetri and Felix looked scary in their red eyes, but getting to know them better, they are quite childish and funny, which surprised me. They are hard at gossiping and teasing me about Alec when I told the events of Forks.

"You've already got a tan and a little redness on your face I see." He commented glancing at me from under his hood and I raised an eyebrow. "Why are you wearing a hood when there is no one here or anyone to see you?" I asked confused and Demetri laughed a little.

"It's just out of habit, do you want to see me sparkle in the sun like a diamond?" Demetri laughed and I started giggling, holding his hood with my hand. "Aye I want to see you shine like a disco ball!"

Demetri lowered his hood and I watched as the sunlight hit his face, making it sparkle. I looked in wonder and Demetri's eyes met mine. "I always thought vampires burned in the sun." I said with a smile and Demetri raised an eyebrow. "And why so?" He asked curiously and I turned my gaze forward for a moment.

"In fairy tales and that you're afraid of garlic. Can you be chased away by garlics?" I asked, snorting out loud, and Demetri chuckled, shaking his head. "Garlic does smell bad, so it would definitely drive me away." He answered and turned to look behind him as Felix walked up to us.

"What's up guys?" He commented and I laughed out loud. "Was it modern enough?" He continued and smiled, sitting on the other side of me. "Far enough." I answered and Felix eyed us. "The sun is not our worst enemy, but fire is." He explained after hearing with his vampire ears about our conversation with Demetri. "Fire and ripping the vampire's head off. Thus being able to kill the vampire." He continued and I nodded looking at my hands.

"What's it like to be a vampire?" I suddenly asked, feeling the boys eyes on both sides of my face. "There are pros and cons to this." Demetri started and Felix nodded.

"Stuck in this body and be young forever." Felix continued and they both looked ahead at the moment. "But our emotions are heightened and that bloodlust, but over the years you learn to control it and stand by humans and seeing blood it's nothing."

"So do you even feel the heat?" I asked pointing to their cloaks they were both wearing. "No." They shaked their heads at the same time.

"Sure it must be nice." I answered and Felix let out a loud laugh. "Is our little human painfully hot here in the castle?" He asked, nudging me on the shoulder. "I have to admit that Aro could invest in air conditioning." I mumbled out loud and Demetri laughed in turn.

"I want to see you ask that." He laughed and I fluffed his hair while lifting the hood over his eyes and stood up laughing.

I started running and Felix's loud laugh echoed in the garden. "You are quick runner little human." Demetri grinned and sped in front of me, catching me. He lifted me into the air and took me to the pool of water. "Demetri! Let me down!" I laughed so hard I couldn't get the words out of my mouth.

"Do you want to go swimming? Weren't you hot?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Oh no this is just fine!" I screamed and Demetri was about to lower me into the pool until he froze and Felix's laughter stopped too.

Demetri put me on my feet and I looked confusedly at his face, which had a worried expression. Felix cleared his throat loudly and I stepped next to Demetri, seeing why they both became tensed.

By the garden glass doors stands a young boy dressed in a black cloak, his brown hair covered by a hood. His red eyes stared at Felix then they looked at Demetri and stopped at me.

"Alec, what a surprise. Did you come to join us for a day swim?" Demetri spoke with a small grin on his face and Alec's eyes quickly switched from me to Demetri, narrowing.

He looked at Demetri for a moment without saying anything and I felt Demetri shifted a little. Soon, however, he stepped down the stairs, approaching us, keeping his eyes on Demetri.

"No, I didn't come, but I would like to exchange a few words with human." He answered and I looked into his eyes which soon met mine.

Demetri and Felix didn't say anything and the silence was really loud. Alec shifted his gaze to the duo raising an eyebrow and soon Felix and Demetri were mumbling quickly. "Of course we'll leave you two alone." I watched as they quickly sped out of the garden and turned my gaze to Alec who was now standing in front of me.

"I see you've met the idiot duo." He spoke and I smiled a little, nodding at him. I still didn't feel relaxed around him especially after the last time.

"I apologize for my previous behavior." He started and I looked up into his eyes, which were staring at me calmly. "I'm sorry too, I shouldn't be prejudiced." I started and Alec looked up over my shoulder taking in the scenery.

"I heard you were talking to Marcus." Alec replied and I shifted my position. "Yeah, I was talking and that's why I would like to get to know you." I said nervously and Alec's eyes quickly met mine and he looked surprised.

"You want?" He asked eyeing my facial expressions and I felt my heart pounding hard in my chest, no words came out of my mouth and he smirked stepping closer and leaning forward, his head came closer to my ear. "I like how your heart beats faster when you are with me. Do I make you nervous?" He spoke and I swallowed a little feeling my cheeks blushing.

"If that's okay with you, I'll see you around noon tomorrow." He continued, stepping back and I nodded, frozen still. Alec gave a another smirk and sped off, leaving me with my heart pounding and ny cheeks flushing pink. "Stupid heart beat." I muttered aloud placing my hands over my cheeks.