06

AS FAMOUS AS ME

AS FAMOUS AS ME

YOU NEEDED TO INHALE FRESH AIR and not the addictive yet dizzying scent of Velvet and Veneer's perfume

YOU NEEDED TO INHALE FRESH AIR and not the addictive yet dizzying scent of Velvet and Veneer's perfume. You excused yourself to exit the banquet through the backdoor, thankfully the siblings did not follow after.

The outside world greeted you with a slap of cold air, drying out your sweat immediately. The venue was just slightly more above Mount Ragous' main city grounds, meaning you could overlook the busy roads, and the lights on the peculiar shaped structures built on the city.

Finally, peace.

"What'cha doin' there all 'lone pumpkin"

Or not.

Slowly but surely you twisted your neck to the side at the sight of an old abomination of a bergen (specifically at the age of mid-fourty's) standing smugly with a cigarette in his mouth. You studied his appearance; he looked rich enough to be invited, wearing a designer outfit and all, but God does his whole complexion scream "long-term underground dealer of some sort of illegal something that haven't been caught and it made me rich"

He confidently assumed that you were examining his whole body thinking you're tempted and hungry for him, and not the fact that you're utterly disgusted and wanted nothing more but to have him out of sight — because he suddenly smirked and wave the cigarette to your direction using his gloved hand. "Want a hit of this?" he asked, slowly walking closer trying to taunt you.

The fog on your mind began to clear, your double vision becoming one — the high wearing off due to the sense of danger. "Go away" you grabbed the dagger hidden under your upper piece of clothing in reflex, getting ready to attack. You never fail to experience such a thing in every party you attend as a celebrity so you're practically used to it. Which isn't normal at all. You're going to hire a bodyguard after this, definitely.

Fortunately before he could lay a hand on you or take another step, he was knocked out cold. You stepped aside letting his stiff body hit the ground with a thud, a bewildered huff left your mouth after seeing your unexpected saviors.