14

OH OH-WOAH OH

OH OH-WOAH OH

DEEP BREATH IN, deep breath out

DEEP BREATH IN, deep breath out. Repeat. That's what your therapist had adviced whenever you're under pressure or trying to hold in stress. But no matter how many times you inhale and exhale, your eardrums couldn't block out Chanel's nagging voice.

It's definitely not something you needed on long car rides.

"What were you thinkin'?! You're insane!" this, "you can potentially get involved in trouble!" that. You knew that your assistant is only looking out for you, since you don't work under any agencies there's no authorities to boss you around — resulting for you to be extremely negligent occasionally. However sometimes, Chanel's scolding could go on for hours on end letting her sharp tongue loose.

Like usual, a pounding headache lingered in your brain. "Chanel, stop. It's no big deal" you whispered weakly, not having the strength to speak. "Yeah right a bunch of hickeys is no big deal, it's those two who gave it to you that's a big problem" she replied, pushing a button to open the window on her side. She allowed the cool breeze to enter the vehicle, also giving you fresh air.

"Why are you so against Velvet and Veneer?" you asked, annoyance present in your tone as you not so discreetly glared at Chanel while rubbing your temples. "Because like you told me, they're abusin' a fuckin' troll and usin' him for talent. The moment that gets revealed, people will definitely think you're involved as well because you've been stuck by their asses these past few days" she answered, the same amount of annoyance in her voice.

You shook your head low with a sigh "that won't happen. I'll convince them to let Floyd go before that time comes"

Suddenly, Chanel pulled you into a tight hug. "[name], I know how much you adore them, but please look out for yourself too." she rubbed circles on your back as she mumbled. "I'm sorry if I'm all bitter and annoyin', I'm just so worried. I don't want you gettin' into any serious trouble" the way her voice trembled, and the feeling of wetness on your right shoulder made you aware that she's crying. "You're all i have"